Your project in a community!?

Started by
2 comments, last by Clueless 19 years, 9 months ago
Hi! Right now we (two not so experienced programmers) are working on personal projects to gain experience. We want to tackle a 2d engine library as a larger community project eventually. Tolop (Sourceforge Project) If you are currently working on a project or if you are about to start a new one, then you can start a thread about it in "the lab" under "personal projects". Tolop - Board You should be willing to share the code of your project. And it would be great if you could answer questions as well. You can use the thread as a kind of development diary. Maybe it will help you with taking the project more seriously. If you want to offer a little insight in an existing project that would be great too. The idea behind the TOLOP project is that people can learn by reading threads and from comments on their own projects. If you are interested in working on the community project, then you can introduce yourself and say what your personal goals would be. If experienced programmers are willing to make contributions and maybe answer open questions it will be appreciated. Open questions can be very basic, because programmers who are just starting out are encouraged to join and post. If you have any questions or suggestions: feel free to bump this thread ( recommended [wink] ) or post at the Tolop - Board
Writing errors since 10/25/2003 2:25:56 AM
Advertisement
Hey!

What you're doing seems very productive, and if I wasn't already working on a major project I'd be more than happy to help out. I think that the thing with many people on these boards--we already have a lot going on, so don't be worried if it takes us a while to catch on to something this cool =)

Oh one more comment--the "Breaktris" game infringes on the TM (IP?) of whoever owns the word "tris" in regard to falling block games (the tetris guys settled this in court a while ago). Just wanted to make sure you you're aware.

The site looks good and is very clean--I'll stop by when I can.
We also have a community like this going at
http:\\forum.Sherman3D.com
but like Karl says, the community tends to flood and ebb at
various times so it might take sometime. ^_^ Good luck,
Clueless!
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
Thanks for the replies.
Yeah I know that there are a lot of sites and projects already.

The reasons why I still started this:
-not many people write for beginners.
-There are hardly any all purpose 2d game frameworks.
Everybody seems to be interest in writing a 3d engine.
Still I have read some threads by people looking for 2d engines already.
So I was hoping that could be a project the group can tackle eventually.
-And beginners often work on their projects in the dark.
I think feedback is important for beginners.
-I use it to expose my own projects if I decide to release the source as well.

I know that there is not a big target group. Maybe as I get better I can offer more.

Thanks about the trademark infringement warning.
I think I shouldn't have released the Breaktris source and files.
I'll look into removing them.
Afaik it is not that simple at Sourceforge.

There are two WIP (work in progress) threads right now with screenshots.
Deto-Nation (like Bomberman)
and
An "Intruder-like-game"

Checking out Sherman3D.com now ...
Writing errors since 10/25/2003 2:25:56 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement