MingW compile error

Started by
4 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 3 months ago
Reference: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=291876 The error happens with my futile compilation attempts, I'm using MingW, the freshest version (just a few days old!) with GCC/G++ 3.4.2.
Quote: In `static asUPtr asSMethodPtr<N>::Convert(M)': ../../source/../include/angelscript.h:387: error: size of array ERROR_UnsupportedMethodPtr is negative
I suspect AngelScript doesn't support GCC 3, which IMO is quite bad.
Advertisement
Actually, it seems that the newest GCC compiler is just a bit too picky in its warnings. You should be able to use the library just fine after commenting out this line in the code.

In fact, as of WIP 4 that particular line will be commented out by default.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Quote:Original post by WitchLord
In fact, as of WIP 4 that particular line will be commented out by default.

Actually, it is allready commented out by default since WIP 3 :)
You're right of course.

I can't even keep track of my own changes anymore. I think its time I get some sleep. [wink]

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Oh well, I've downloaded Lua already. Sorry. :D
It's not possible to win them all [wink].

Just don't forget about AngelScript, maybe you'll want to change script library in the future.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement