Solitaire RULES Half Life DROOLS

Started by
9 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 1 month ago
I just wrote and posted an article to my website called "Solitaire RULES Half Life DROOLS". You can read it here . I'd be curious to hear what you all think of it. Thanks for the feedback.
Indie in training . . . www.GamesForSail.comMy life as a blogger . . . Blog Blog Blog . . . Blah Blah Blah
Advertisement
Haha :)

Nice article! Nice points :)

-Trond
-Trond
Sadly, it's true.
comparing Halflife and Solitaire is a it bit like comparing sex and masturbation. You can masturbate anywhere anytime and its quite ok. Sex on
the other hand needs more effort (another person, dates, dinner, flowers), control combinations so to speak, but at the same time is a whole lot more fun.
Quote:Original post by Christian Schlager
comparing Halflife and Solitaire is a it bit like comparing sex and masturbation.

Quote:You can masturbate anywhere anytime and its quite ok.

You're just a fountain of sig-quotes, aren't you?
My stuff.Shameless promotion: FreePop: The GPL god-sim.
Quote:You can masturbate anywhere anytime and its quite ok.
I like your analogy, but I have to say there are probably some places and some times where it is not 'ok' to masturbate ; )
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
anywhere, anytime, is more of a general expression. What i wanted to say is
that the tools you need to masturbate are right there with you all the time.
(btw just like solitaire is installed on almost every windows computer)
It's a poorly written article. There are too many spelling and grammar mistakes.
The article is flippant and lacks analytical rigor. Further, it doesn't examine why this state of affairs is - the barriers to entry presented by Half-Life 2, or any retail video game, in the form of cost, minimum specs and skill level to play in comparison to the pervasiveness, monochrome-compatible operation and rule and interface simplicity of Solitaire.

Put simply, I wouldn't have published it here on GameDev.Net. However, it's good to see that you're writing. The only way to become a better writer is to write more, so keep at it. Try to dig beyond the surface, though, and investigate your material by asking Who?, What?, When?, Where?, Why? and How?

Good luck.
Dude, Solitare is nowhere near as fun to play as Half-Life.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement