Lighting & inverted normals

Started by
-1 comments, last by Kwak 17 years, 9 months ago
I made a model with anim8or and used it in my program. TicTacToe3D.exe Rotating the model is done by rightclick and drag. The efefct i wanted to make is this: There is a fixed light in the room, you are at a fixed position, and you can rotate the model. If the light was at the same position as you, you should see the model always lit. But the result was this: when I rotated the model, the light rotated twice as fast. I figured out that some vertices have normals that should be inverted. (I inverted them in the exported .c file manually) For the 16 vertical cylinders i inverted the necessary normals. For these bars, the lighting works fine. But the basis of the object has still inverted normals and thus a bad lighting. It has too many polygons to invert the normals manually. So does anybody know how to invert only the necessary normals in anim8or? (if i invert normals in anim8or, i actually change to clockwise or counterclockwise polygons => culling problems, and i have still bad normals) Or is it possible to have the same lighting at both sides of a polygon? So that it doesn't make any difference if the normal is either (1,0,0) or (-1,0,0) [Edited by - Kwak on July 23, 2006 6:55:57 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement