Turn-based board game in C# - Leadership needed

Started by
82 comments, last by flashinpan 16 years, 3 months ago
Why are we stalled?

What am I not doing or providing, as far as information or leadership?

I'm willing to learn.

How do we get things moving along?
Advertisement
Hey Tom,

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I think this is pretty much the way it goes when a project is strictly volunteer. For me personally, I have other paying clients that I need to appease (so my business can continue to move forward) and it is also the holiday season. This means many people have a fury of work, school and personal holiday parties to go to and tons of shopping to do for gifts. This week alone I have three Christmas parties! I also want to have some sort of personal life and time away from creating audio assets for games and film. I can't speak for the rest of the team, because I don't know them, but I would wager that is what is going on with them as well.

So, I wouldn't worry, you're not doing something wrong. I also wouldn't think of this project as "stalled". While this may be a top priority for you, perhaps there are others on the crew that have several other things they have to place higher on the list? It isn't a diss on you, just the way things go.

There isn't a tight deadline on this project, as far as I know. I would just relax and allow things to progress and try to enjoy this busy time of year. If a month passes by and no progress has been made, THEN it is the time to fret. As is, I think you (and your project) are okay.

Hope that helps,

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Quote:Original post by nsmadsen
Hey Tom,

If a month passes by and no progress has been made, THEN it is the time to fret. As is, I think you (and your project) are okay.

Hope that helps,

Nathan

It does help.

I just want to make sure it is due to the holiday season, not people waiting around for something.

Tom

bump

I changed the orginal post, and I am now asking for Leadership skills from someone to help drive this project.

I came up with the idea, but lack the leadership skills.

I have also opened up the Graphics API to use DirectX instead of strictly GDI+. This is an attempt to garner more interest and bring the skills a little more current with what people want to be working in these days.

Thanks,

Tom

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement