Phun - a 2D physics playground

Started by
143 comments, last by Iderik 16 years, 1 month ago
Just FYI. I posted a new version of the gear creator utility with the ability to create gear rings .. i.e. a hollowing ring with gear teeth on the inside.
Advertisement
Hello again, I am wondering how you calculated the collision between two meshes, must be a very complex algorithm. The collision between two billardballs is inherently complex as well.
It works for me in Archlinux. Thanks for also releasing a Linux version!

Man this thing is nice to play with. Playing with it also immediatly makes one wish for a few more features though: here's a few suggestions:

-as mentioned higher up, more tools to create vareous shapes, such as polyline and so on
-when you drag a part and release the mouse button, make it throw the peace with a speed depending on how fast your mouse is moving
-if optimizations are possible, try to get it to run faster, e.g. duplicating the brick tower multiple times to create a bigger tower, makes it also slower too bad :( Are there optimizations in it such as pieces doing a detailed collision check only with peaces that are near it?
-I'm also for a built-in gear tool :)
-boolean adding, subtracting and intersection of shapes with a brush as well as with existing shapes
-if you drag an object that touches other objects, make it interact more like in real life, e.g. if you have something on which other objects are lying, and you move it up, the objects lying on it should also go up (now they get stuck behind the thing you drag and then suddenly shoot away at high speed!)

No matter what, really nice peace of software!
Nice
When does the Mac version coming out? :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement