Game: Get Off My Lawn!

Started by
9 comments, last by Kuladus 14 years, 11 months ago
Chuck --

The issue seems to be your video card/cards. I have pasted part of the pyglet FAQ below -- hopefully your situation falls into one of these? Does this mean that you cannot run pyglet at all? (e.g., try playing something like this one which also uses pyglet).

Sorry that my game is not compatible with your system.

Best wishes,
Ben

Quote:
I get an error "Unable to share contexts" when creating a window

* pyglet needs to share the objects between OpenGL contexts. In pyglet 1.1 and later, even a program with only one window will have more than one context.
* The error can occur if you are trying to open windows on different display devices (for example, two different video cards).
* If you have only one video card, then you likely have a faulty driver or video chip. The following devices have been known to exhibit this problem: Ancient NVIDIA drivers (older than 30.82), Intel 965 (aka GMA 3000/3100) in some situations, Intel 946GZ, Intel cards with drivers older than 4.14.10.3691 (about end of 2003 year), ATI FireGL with OpenGL version older than 2.0.5284 (~2005), S3 ProSavage/Twister. (This list was copied from https://mollyrocket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2891; only Intel 965 and 964GZ chips have been observed with pyglet exhibiting this behaviour).
* If you've determined that your video driver or device is at fault, your best option is to upgrade, as most pyglet applications require more than one context. If you're developing specifically for your (faulty) device, you can set the environment variable PYGLET_SHADOW_WINDOW to 0 and limit yourself to using a single window.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement