Seeking Advice or Tips about starting a Creative/Game development Business

Started by
9 comments, last by yaustar 14 years, 1 month ago
Quote:Original post by TeraNova
Hmmm, these are very good legit questions, you gave me something to think about.. Is there any resources you recommend to read about this (online or books)?

I don't have the links off the top of my head so you have to Google/hunt for them.

Gamasutra will have some old features/news postings of sales figures for some high ranking games on XBLA and possibly PSN. Look at how many they sell keeping in mind they are the top of the list. You could well be surprised on how little it is compared to the numbers you hear for packaged goods.

Darwina by Introversion on XBLA have been in development for years and IIRC, they have a series of articles about the XBLA processes they had to deal with.

Cost and exact details about obtaining the devkits and TRCs need to be a conversation between you and Sony/Microsoft.

Books to read: Rapid Development (Software Management book), Peopleware (People Management), The Indie Game Development Survival Guide (slightly outdated but still relevant).

A related topic on another forum: http://forum.train2game.com/showthread.php?t=2330.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement