[MMO-PAID] 2D Artist for a browser game

Started by
4 comments, last by ougaming 12 years, 10 months ago
Project name:
Html5 MMORPG

Brief description:

This is a rpg game evoking the retro style of the snes, nintendo, playstation, nintendo ds consoles. The game plays in the browser using html5, and it's a mmo. The players can roam freely in a large world formed by tiled maps. Still developing the core game mechanic.

Target aim:
Browser based, Facebook users.

Compensation:
Paid, there is a 5000 euro budget to be spent initially on graphics. Initially, payments would be per asset/set of assets delivered.

Technology:
Browser based, uses html5 and javascript. Server is being developed with node.js

Talent needed:
2D artist to develop character animations and tilesets.

Team structure:
Just myself. I'm coding the server and the client right now. Using RPG Maker XP assets as placeholders.

Conceptual demo: http://www.html5mmorpg.com

Contacts:
joanrocagas@html5mmorpg.com

Previous Work by Team:
None

Additional Info:
This is not a hobby project. High disposition is required. Familiarity with RPG MAKER assets is a plus but not required. This is a project based close to Barcelona, Spain.

Any
Advertisement
I have a couple of quick questions for you:

Firstly, why is familiarity with RPG Maker a plus if the game is being developed using HTML and JavaScript?

Secondly, what do you mean by "disponibility"? When I first saw it I didn't recognise it as an english word, and a quick search seems to confirm that -- if it is a word in spanish, you might want to choose a different english word to clearly convey your meaning given the rest of your post is in english.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Maybe he means disposition? As in he requires someone to devote 100% attention to the project?

When I saw the budget of 5k, I was like WoW! This guy has some actual money!

Maybe you should consider giving more detail to the post? For now it just reads "I have money and want to make an RPG. Come". Give us an idea, concept, whatever. And why would you want to have a budget -- is this official work? As such, are we required to sign some NDA documents? More info plz :)
Disclaimer: Each my post is intended as an attempt of helping and/or brining some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone, unless stated otherwise

Homepage (Under Construction)

Check my profile for funny D&D/WH FRP quotes :)
Some more info would be nice. And maybe some reference pics to get an idea of what style you're aiming for.

My portfolio: Portfolio @ www.Shadow-Embryo.com 2D/3D Freelance work: GameDev Thread Marketplace Freebie: Toon Goblets
Hi guys
Sorry for my english, Im not an english person. I've corrected that already.
Well familiarity with RPG Maker assets would be interesting since the game is being constructed using those assets, it uses passage, priority , etc.. properties but it's not required at all. It is intended to design completely new assets.

This is not any company yet, it's an independent project I'm starting myself. NDA is not required yet as I still looking for the right artist. I'm keen on paying for a initial sprite design just for testing purposes and see how it fits in the demo set.

the demo is here
www.html5mmorpg.com
it requires firefox or chrome
it may crash from time to time but I'm trying to keep it online all the time.
Edit: Sent you an email.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement