(REQUEST) looking for a team? *not paid*

Started by
4 comments, last by rip-off 12 years, 2 months ago
[color="#1C2837"]Project name:
Hong Kong Police. <temp name?

Brief description:
[color="#1C2837"]Basically, a 2d remake of Deus Ex. I already have gotten proper software to script all the game mechanics and make levels, but lack content.
[color="#1C2837"]The game will have typical shooter game mechanics, with features like stealth, destructible environments, dialogues, free roaming, shops, possibly even vehicles. Due to technical limitations it will be in 2d, top-down perspective. This project aims to recreate the freedom that was present in first Deus Ex.

Target aim:
Propably freeware, as there is almost no chance that 2d game would be welcome on the market. Though my engine supports pixel shaders (e.g. motion blur), dynamic lightning, and even HDR, today's market is geared towards 3d games...

[color="#1C2837"]Compensation:
Hurts me to say it, but nothing, unless its good enough to sell in the end. <place in credits, maybe? smile.gif[color="#1C2837"]

Technology:
[color="#1C2837"]Software named "Scirra Classic r12", which eliminates need for lots of time. Debugging and scripting the easy way (visually).
Rest is up to you. I need artists, so you should have Photoshop, or Gimp.

[color="#1C2837"]Talent needed:
[color="#1C2837"]I need a 2d artist to make top-down sprites, and icons for inventory, because i suck at making art.
[color="#1C2837"]I would also like someone to make/find music for the game, or do voice-overs.
[color="#1C2837"]Writer for the story recommended.

[color="#1C2837"]
Team structure:
[color="#1C2837"]Im going to handle making the levels and scripting - everything from A.I. to guns.
The software im using lets me do all that. And quickly too.
[color="#1C2837"]But as mentioned before, i need someone to generate actual content for the game.

[color="#1C2837"]
[color="#1C2837"]None currently.
I have set up one at 000webhost, its free, but with a prefix in adress.
[color="#1C2837"]No content on the site, because no team/content for the game yet.
[color="#1C2837"]
Contacts:
[color="#1C2837"]I suggest that you reply in this thread,
but you can also contact me on Roby4@inbox.lv

Previous Work by Team:
[color="#1C2837"]none, i have only collected the needed software and learned, how to use it.

Additional Info:
[color="#1c2837"]I have attachment, which shows, just how much i suck at making art, the pics were thrown together in 5minutes in GIMP, because i havent got time to make artsy stuff...
Advertisement

Brief description:
[color="#1C2837"]Basically, a 2d remake of Deus Ex. I already have gotten proper software to script all the game mechanics and make levels, but lack content.
[color="#1C2837"]The game will have typical shooter game mechanics, with features like stealth, destructible environments, dialogues, free roaming, shops, possibly even vehicles. Due to technical limitations it will be in 2d, top-down perspective. This project aims to recreate the freedom that was present in first Deus Ex.

Target aim:
Propably freeware, as there is almost no chance that 2d game would be welcome on the market. Though my engine supports pixel shaders (e.g. motion blur), dynamic lightning, and even HDR, today's market is geared towards 3d games...

Hurts me to say it, but nothing, unless its good enough to sell in the end. <place in credits, maybe? smile.gif[color="#1C2837"]

Technology:

[color="#1C2837"]Software named "Scirra Classic r12", which eliminates need for lots of time. Debugging and scripting the easy way (visually).

[color="#1C2837"]I need a 2d artist to make top-down sprites, and icons for inventory, because i suck at making art.
[color="#1C2837"]I would also like someone to make/find music for the game.

[color="#1C2837"]
Team structure:
[color="#1C2837"]Im going to handle making the levels and scripting - everything from A.I. to guns.
[color="#1C2837"]But as mentioned before, i need someone to generate actual content for the game.

[color="#1C2837"]
[color="#1C2837"]No content on the site, because no team/content for the game yet.
[color="#1C2837"]
Contacts:

Previous Work by Team:
[color="#1C2837"]none, i have only collected the needed software and learned, how to use it.

Additional Info:
[color="#1c2837"]I have attachment, which shows, just how much i suck at making art, the pics were thrown together in 5minutes in GIMP, because i havent got time to make artsy stuff...

you wouldn't be able to sell the product anyways...you said it yourself, a remade deus ex. You don't own the rights

[quote name='Stiivais' timestamp='1321709596' post='4885584']

Brief description:

Target aim:

Technology:

[color="#1C2837"]I would also like someone to make/find music for the game.

[color="#1C2837"]
Team structure:

[color="#1C2837"]
[color="#1C2837"]
Contacts:

Previous Work by Team:

Additional Info:

you wouldn't be able to sell the product anyways...you said it yourself, a remade deus ex. You don't own the rights
[/quote]

This looks far more like a game taking inspiration from Deus Ex than a remake to be honest so i don't really see where the problem would be.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Well, as i said,
"This project aims to recreate the freedom that was present in first Deus Ex."
so it draws more inspiration from the game concepts of freedom and multiple solutions to most situations, than
actually reproducing content of deus ex, e.g. characters, levels etc.
So i guess no rights involved?

Any volunteers?
I just tried to make a model of a gun that resembles Glock for a menu thumbnail, but i ended up with verticles
facing the wrong way (inside of gun)... Guess making 3d model and capturing screenshot doesn't work for me either dry.gif
And 2D modellers, writers, sound artists (music, voice) would be welcome..
Guess, that noone wants to help then... I will shift my attention on another ongoing project i have...
Closed on OP's request.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement