Level designers and music composers wanted for code-complete 2D action/puzzler

Started by
0 comments, last by advancedmusicsubstitute 12 years, 1 month ago
Project Name:
Impulse

Brief description:
Impulse is a 2D puzzle/action game. It features short but challenging levels like N+ or Super Meat Boy, but a control scheme more like the old Lunar Lander games. The game is currently feature-complete and code-complete.

Target aim:
I intend to release Impulse as a free game.

Compensation:
As Impulse is going to be a free game, I'm not offering any monetary compensation. However, credit will be given. Level designers will have their name (or chosen psuedonym) shown at the start of their levels. Music composers will appear in the game end-credits and on the game's webpage, with links to their own site/store as desired.

Technology:
Impulse is an XNA game for Windows, but as the game is code-complete I won't go into tedious details.
Music composers would be expected to provide music in WAV, MP3 or WMA format.
Level desiners can use the game's existing level editor (comes bundled with the game) to create level files. Most any Windows-based machine should be able to run the editor.

Talent needed:
Please note that Impulse already has existing music and levels. I am looking to expand on what I already have. This means I am looking more for music and level submissions, rather than dedicated team members.
I am actually quite keen to get more music and levels in the game, and so am fairly open-minded about submissions. (Naturally, though, I may reject material I feel is inappropriate.)
There is no minimum level of experience required.

Team structure:
I am the "project lead" and have done the game's design and programming. Sounds and music have been provided by others already, in a similar manner to what I'm seeking here. You can see their names and contributions on the game's webpage.

http://impulse.deck16.net
A playable version of the game, plus the level editor, is available at that link.
A link to level editor instructions can be found on that page.

Contacts:
Please contact me via email: nichevo <at> iinet.net.au
Please don't respond via this forum -- I will not be checking it as frequently as my email.
If you're thinking of submitting something, please get in touch. Please don't wait until you've got something ready to show. I say this because I would hate someone to find out their work cannot be used after they've gone to the trouble of making it.

Previous Work by Team:
As something of a hobbist game-developer, I've been toying with writing games for some time. Impulse is the first game I've considered worthy enough to release. I am planning on it not being the last.

NONE
Advertisement
I am a composer and I'm available to make tracks for your game. I make electronic music, but can customize my sound to fit your game's atmosphere. email me with details after you've checked out examples of my work via the link in my signature. You won't be disappointed. email: advancedmusicsubstitute@gmail.com
http://www.soundclou...musicsubstitute Hear my tunes! Contact me with your project ideas if you want a custom score for your game. Don't settle for royalty-free repetition, get ORIGINAL, quality work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement