Finding the right developer for HTML5 based gaming

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 12 years, 1 month ago
A partner and I experienced in sports and business development are looking for the right developer to create an online HTML5 based sports city building simulation (similar to Roller Coaster Tycoon) integrated into a very basic social network. We have strong funding options but do not know where to start when it comes to finding the correct developer at the right cost. We are located in the Northeast of the United States but are willing to have it developed wherever necessary. It is a highly developed plan that is ready to go at this moment. If anyone could give me direction, I would be extremely appreciative. Thank you.
Advertisement
Well, GDC is over, so it's too late for that. But there are always lots of conferences. Check out GamesIndustry.biz, subscribe. And of course Gamasutra too.
But for now you can just start calling developers. They may know someone, that other someone might know someone. After a couple days of calling (and with good note-taking) you should have a starting list.

That can get you going on the first step -- identifying potential project partners.

Then you need to go the next step -- vet them (determine if they'll be good project partners). Look at their past projects, call up their past project partners. Ask about their timeliness, whether they were on budget, but also on how good they were to work with. Are they primadonnas, or do they accept change requests graciously, do they admit mistakes and learn from them.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement