Well, where to start?

Started by
1 comment, last by codeToad 11 years, 11 months ago
Hey everyone. I want to make a big, yet simple project. That project will be an RPG styled game. It'd basically just have a nice landform, there'd be some weaponry. It'd be a fully single player game, perhaps in beta I'd make it multiplayer too, but I'm not sure. It'd be a download.

SO, my question is, where do I start? Like: What programs should I get, how exactly do I work all the programs (tutorials), etc.

I'l just want lots of NPCs around, shooting the player. The player thats playing, has to kill them all, and get a checkpoint to win.

All help is helpful :P

Jake
Advertisement
I guess you got no experience in programming since you mentioned no language.
http://www.gamefromscratch.com/post/2011/08/04/I-want-to-be-a-game-developer.aspx

Learn a language first, before you start any "big" game projects.
I would recommend you to learn c# and going with the unity engine or xna.
Are you interested in programming? If not, you will be limited to apps like RPG maker, or other game makers. If you want to do your own programming, you will have to spend some time learning a programming language before you can start making a game. And then you will probably want to start with something like Pong, not an RPG. Believe me - when I was 16 I thought I could make an FPS, and it was way, way harder than I thought. I didn't come anywhere close to finishing the project.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement