Check Out A Few Pieces I Did in the Last Few Days

Started by
4 comments, last by CalebFaithMusic 11 years, 7 months ago
Hi everyone smile.png

I just recently (in the last few days) decided to make a youtube channel. I uploaded a few short pieces I did yesterday and today. I would love it if you dropped by for a look at them and it would be great if you could give me some advice or feedback! Constructive criticism is welcome. I know the pieces are quite short but they are meant to be just a small 'taste' of what I can do. The pieces are composed in the context of movies and games. It would also help if you could suggest what kind of game the individual pieces would suit.

If you could suggest any names for the pieces and if you have any tips on my mastering of the tracks thanks as well smile.png

Every few days I'll be adding a new piece, so feel free to check the channel every now and then smile.png

Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoynpSopNCEJ6WzFupfa4yMYhkQeGoLZC&feature=edit_ok

The one I think is the best is A Scenery Piece so check out that one first tongue.png

I hope you enjoy my pieces
Thanks,

Caleb Faith
Advertisement
Your pieces sound really good! What software do you use to synthesize them, especially your strings but really all the orchestral instruments? And how long have you been composing for? The only thing I have to say as a blanket improve (which is something most composers are let down on) is that your tracks sound hard to loop and are all quite short (except Times Past, which gives me a definite LOTR feel (which is good!)) which might lead, in an entire project situation, to lots and lots of different short pieces which could sound weird.
Your ambient stuff sounds really good with all the arppegiated strings and I can really get the feeling of what you described from every piece too. Good work :D
www.soundcloud.com/roblaidlowmusic
Call me Rob
Thankyou very much Tonedeafrob :)
I use EWQL Symphonic Orchestra http://www.soundsonline.com/Symphonic-Orchestra and I find it very easy to use and make everything sound well. I've been composing for about 2 and a half years but I only really count the last year as proper composing, I was a bit on and off before that. Thanks for the tips, I'll work on improving those :)

Thanks,
Caleb Faith
Cool! Which version do you have?
www.soundcloud.com/roblaidlowmusic
Call me Rob
I'm loving your songs. I agree with Tonedeafrob that your songs are rather short...sounds more like snippets than actual full songs, but they still sound awesome!

Bryan Davis - Composer

Website • Soundcloud

Cool! Which version do you have?

I have the Gold version it seems to be all I need at the moment :)

I'm loving your songs. I agree with Tonedeafrob that your songs are rather short...sounds more like snippets than actual full songs, but they still sound awesome!

Thanks I'll work on that :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement