Why does my anti-virus program think my programs are suspicious?

Started by
12 comments, last by MarkS_ 11 years, 6 months ago
This is part of Avast's AutoSandbox feature. Go to Additional Protection->AutoSandbox and click on Settings. Turn it off.
Advertisement
Maybe you actually have a virus, and it infects all you .exes the second they are created, via some OS hook?
I personally know I don't have a virus that infects all exe's via an OS hook because when I hit a problem where AVG says something is a threat, I head off and build a second application to see if it does the same there.

As to relevance to this post: If your virus scanner reports an exe you built as a virus, build another simple program to see if you can manage to build an exe that isn't detected to be a virus, just to make sure you don't have some serious form of infection in your pc.
I say Code! You say Build! Code! Build! Code! Build! Can I get a woop-woop? Woop! Woop!
I don't have a real virus.

This is part of Avast's AutoSandbox feature. Go to Additional Protection->AutoSandbox and click on Settings. Turn it off.

oh god thank you. I fixed it
An invisible text.

oh god thank you. I fixed it

No problem! That was annoying the crap out of me as well. Couldn't compile an application without it being flagged. Even Morrowind and Skyrim (Avast must not like Bethesda) were flagged. I was about to uninstall Avast.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement