In need of some muses.

Started by
2 comments, last by ItamarReiner 11 years, 6 months ago
Hello everyone.
I am designing a game where the hero and most of the villains are stick figures or simple and delicate in appearance. As I'm making them, I'm having a hard time finding inspiration from other games, however. Does anyone happen to know games that have a very simplistic, delicate style that might fit into the "stick figure" concept? I am considering black and white with splashes f color for the important stuff, but I haven't quite decided, yet.
Advertisement
Howdy!

If you're looking for some art styles using line, might I make some suggestions for some inspiration?

For the splashes of color to help flesh out major aspects, take a look at some of the art work of Ralph Steadman. Though his work my be difficult to translate into a game, it may help to inspire you with a more edgy look. He uses sharp and bleeding lines of ink in his work which might help you find what you like.

Another artist that you might want to take a look that is along the same vein would be Egon Schiele. His artwork has characters that have a rough, shaky line and a sense of being damages, making them feel weaker than they might really be.

I hope that I was of some help. I don't know of many or any games that have thin, lanky characters though, sorry. mellow.png

Anywho, good luck!

Check out my game blog - Dave's Game Blog

N+ is a game off the top of my head that uses a stick figure main character. It is an Xbox360 arcade title.
The delicate part of your brief is something I have trouble imagining, but Shift might help with some inspiration:
Daniel Sun has a few games, such as Red Moon in which he uses silhouettes. The character designs are more complex than I remembered, though.
Something like K.O.L.M might be worth considering too? It's a robot made out of boxes, which will allow you to get away with more since it's not human.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement