Creating a library

Started by
3 comments, last by walsh06 10 years, 10 months ago

I am currently trying to create a library for ios development. Im just doing a simple one so far to get it working. Anyway the library is written and I add it into the project and use it. But when I compile Im getting linker errors and warnings.

"file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386)"

This seems to be the root and I know its something to do with using the simulator. So can anyone help out or point me in the right direction at least.

Advertisement

"file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386)"

Is it possible you typed that instead of copying it? Because 'archive' does not make much sense in the context, 'architecture' would make much more so. Looks like the library and the project you are trying to link it into were built for different architectures.

Ya I did type that and yes its meant to be architecture.

Important advise for the future: always copy'n'paste important bits like error messages. Never try to retype them by hand, never paraphrase them.

Well thats because this is on my laptop while xcode is open on the mac. Anyway I got it sorted. Follow up question though. I undestand that objective c doesnt support private methods. So how do I restrict access to a method in my library?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement