Can somebody critque my youtube channel in a constructive manner

Started by
5 comments, last by game of thought 10 years, 9 months ago
I was a regular on this forum and stopped posting because i learned a programming language and found my own way in terms of apis etc.. Anyway, i would like to request something of you.

I started a youtube channel a while ago and started uploading a week ago and i wondered if you could provide some constructive critism of a youtube channel. I can change almost anything save the following:

- my voice, its a bit high but hopefully not particually annoying

- what i am currently doing, i will not discontinue my DF lets play or C tutorials

Other than that go nuts, as long as it is constructive

It would also be useful to see the positives so i can play to them

Some helpful info on the channel:

- It is all unscripted and during the video(save the review)

- some are quite long

Thank you all in advance.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/fusiongamesstudios
Advertisement

Very few c tutorials , i think its just one , correct ? , and lot on games.... i don't think we need another youtube channel about emptyness, there is lot of noise in the web already, and you are doing your part well, what's next ? writing an article for gamedev ?? please no.

in case you didnt notice, i only uploaded it yesterday. And while i can understand that lets plays are over done, what else is there to do to establish a bread and butter of a channel?

I can't just make c tutorials, i need a form of variety.

I can't just make c tutorials, i need a form of variety.

Actually, I would suggest a possible improvement might be keeping your channel more focussed to a particular subject. By all means make videos on both subjects if you wish to do so, but I would suggest separate channels for each. People searching for C tutorials aren't interested in "let's play" videos at the time, and people looking for "let's play" videos won't be interested in programming tutorials. It's better organised, and better SEO for your channel(s) if you focus on one subject.

If you want to "establish the bread and butter" of a channel that contains video tutorials on programming with C then upload programming tutorials rather than play-throughs. Your bread and butter is your main-stay element, not unrelated filler.

It's your channel though, so if you prefer to keep your topics all together feel free.

smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

Thank you for your input and i can understand that that is a good idea in terms of SEO but it doesn't always matter in context to some channels who have a downplayed element of certain things. Such as Rachel Morris who has done lets plays and programming tutorials, and generally seems to be computer related.

In the end, as much as it feels good to have loads of views, i would be happier making the videos that i want to. Thank you for the advice.

ps: also, i can only use my phone once for extra long videos as far as i know so that is an incentive to use the same channel if i do say so myself

Edit

Thank you for your input and i can understand that that is a good idea in terms of SEO but it doesn't always matter in context to some channels who have a downplayed element of certain things. Such as Rachel Morris who has done lets plays and programming tutorials, and generally seems to be computer related.

Rachel's channel was purely focused on development for quite a while before she started to diversify. And even then, the amount of content not directly related to game development is fairly small.

In the end, as much as it feels good to have loads of views, i would be happier making the videos that i want to. Thank you for the advice.

Then just make the videos you want to. No need to ask for advice.

Thanks for the response. The reason i was asking for advice is because i would like to be given information on a non annoying technique rather than being the next annoying 10 year old(which i am not but you get the idea).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement