Difference between x.opEquals(y) and x==y with funcdefs?

Started by
5 comments, last by WitchLord 10 years, 7 months ago
I have a value class with a registered opEquals method that takes a function, like so:
ASengine->RegisterObjectMethod("SOMEVALUETYPE", "bool opEquals(const SOMEFUNCDEF@ &in)", asMETHOD(INTERNALVERSIONOFTHATVALUETYPE,operator==), asCALL_THISCALL);
There is likewise an opAssign method. Any of the following work fine in AngelScript, where svt is a variable of type SOMEVALUETYPE and f is a function of type SOMEFUNCDEF:
svt = f;
svt.opAssign(f);
if (svt.opEquals(f)) {}
However,
if (svt == f) {}
does not compile, returning instead:

WARN : The operand is implicitly converted to handle in order to compare them
ERR : Both operands must be handles when comparing identity

Shouldn't == work the same way as opEquals, like = works the same way as opAssign? It did in v2.26.3 (or maybe .2, not sure), but seems to have changed at some point since then.
Advertisement

I'll look into this.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I've fixed this bug in revision 1727.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Excellent, thank you! smile.png
This feels like a related issue, so I kept in the same topic, but I might be wrong. I mentioned opAssign and = working the same way, but that's not always the case. If the function f is inside of a namespace, then svt.opAssign(ns::f) works just fine, but svt = ns::f crashes. Specifically it would seem to crash the executable at some point during the code compilation, since it doesn't matter if the line never even gets called by anything.
EDIT: The same is true for opEquals/==.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

I've fixed this problem in revision 1734.

Regards,

Andreas

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement