sugar consumption

Started by
13 comments, last by ChaosEngine 10 years, 6 months ago

Except for the sugar hidden in processed food which you cannot completely avoid and the sugar contained in fruit (such as apples and oranges), I have not eaten any sugar in about 10 years. No candy, no soft drinks, no fast food.

No ill effects observed, no deficiencies.

Advertisement

My mental faculties decrease sharply with sugar consumption. One cube is enough to kick me out of the zone and turn me into a zombie.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

I'm on a ketogenic diet, so I eat almost no carbohydrates at all. No negative side effects as far as I can tell :)

I don’t have the healthiest diet (lots of fast-food, but mostly from Subway so it’s not that unhealthy either)

Why would you eat subway in japan? I was only there for 2 weeks, but I found there was heaps of great alternatives, (noodles, sushi, etc).

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

If I was only here to visit I might make it a point to only eat native foods.

I’m not.

There are plenty of nice native foods and I have plenty of time to try them. Meanwhile I have no need to just ditch all foods from my own country just because I am here.

Now that the local McDonald’s closed (3 days after I finally got to meet and talk to the cute girl there, after 4 years of waiting for a chance to talk to her) I am increasing my intake of Japanese foods, but also of Subway and Dominos Pizza.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

I'm not saying you can only eat japanese food while in Japan. I just wouldn't eat subway, mcdonalds or dominos anywhere unless there was no other option.

To each his own, I guess.

edit: just for the record, I am not some vegan health food freak. I am all for tasty unhealthy food. I just think if something is going to be bad for me, it should taste bloody awesome at the same time.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement