I keep getting DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Started by
4 comments, last by ucfchuck 10 years, 6 months ago

im using d3d11 through slimdx

when i try to reload settings and basically reinitialize everything the exact same way i created it in the first place i end up getting SEH exceptions that then lead to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: Hardware device removed. (-2005270523). i have been seeing this intermittently for a while and have never really been able to track it down. i get nothing in the output window and SEH exceptions are about as useful as a poke in the eye when there is no more information. and microsoft says the device removed exception is coming from the device literally being removed which is obviously and absolutely not happenning as it is in a laptop and the error is repeatable in software. the get_device_removed_reason just tells me it was an internal driver error...

and when i rebuild the device the error persists, i put a try catch around the swapchain.present and when i get a device removed i rebuild the entire device and it keeps giving me the error until i restart the application entirely.

anyone have any idea how i can try to further track it down?

Advertisement

ok so i upgraded the driver to the latest beta version and it is now telling me

{DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands. (-2005270522)}

How are you recreating the device and swap chain? There is no code here and I have no crystal balls left.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG might happen when command is way too complex; are you loading huge amounts of data at once?.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED happens on driver crash (actually had this one yesterday); are you sure it doesn't crash?.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement