Terrain texturing: multi-texturing + brush tool

Started by
12 comments, last by Lodeman 10 years, 3 months ago

Hi Rob. Sorry for not responding earlier, but did you get anywhere with this in the end.

Was that meant for me?
Advertisement

Hi Rob. Sorry for not responding earlier, but did you get anywhere with this in the end.

Was that meant for me?

No - it was meant for Loademan! I copied from the wrong post. Sorry!

I've had to temporarily knock it back on my todo list, as I was getting driver crashes with my current painting code once I started painting on second layers.
While I couldn't pinpoint the exact reason for the crash (my pc would just freeze, and after awhile I'd get a message that the graphics driver recovered), I should note that I was putting a ton of triangles through to the GPU for my terrain...I'm thinking perhaps it was just getting to be too much for the GPU?.

So now I'm first implementing a terrain LOD system (going for CDLOD), then I'll return to this!

Got my LOD system done, and am returning to this now!

@mark ds: I was wondering if you could go more into depth as to how you blend your textures. From your initial post I get the impression you are able to do the blending in one go:

and the fact that terrain texturing has a pretty much fixed cost (rather than rendering geometry multiple times and blending).

But as Rob describes, I currently don't see how one can do this without doing multiple blending passes.
Thanks in advance for any clarification!

Cheers and beers,
Lodeman

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement