Ethereal - Now on Kickstarter!

Started by
5 comments, last by tomfinch 9 years, 6 months ago

ievhcqt.png

g8PSBxe.png

WFPwVIv.png

Twitter | IndieDB | All Game Art | Website | Youtube | Devlog

iRzrolJ.gif

Ethereal's story follows the nameless protagonist through seven of his most traumatic memories. Scattered around each memory are mementos. These help him let go of the past and move on into the afterlife.

The game has four different endings based on the player's level of completion at the end of the 7th and final memory.

FjehU6o.png

Spirits wander his memories, confused and angry, searching for their place in the afterlife. Hellhounds wander the memories waiting for the right moment to grab the player and drag him back to hell!

NTZYCjW.png

0An5RXX.gif

Throughout the game's seven worlds, the player must solve puzzles using the help of other spirits. Along the way, he must avoid hell hounds lest he be dragged through a hell void!

bzNt2Cv.png

At the start of each world a new ability is added to your arsenal. As your arsenal grows, the puzzles become more complex. This will keep the game feeling fresh and challenging without frustrating the player.

DRaMqWc.gif
Drawn by Dmitry Karimov

Aifeq68.png

voqDBmT.png

Gj3KOxd.gifwcvAdWa.gif
KZ1sYDM.gif

v2Zpkq7.gif

9qCtx0I.png

mJdIgGt.gif

We want everyone to experience Ethereal no matter what language they speak or platform they prefer.

Localization: We want Ethereal to be available in as many languages as possible. Currently, the confirmed languages are: English, Russian, Korean, Spanish, French, Dutch, Japanese, German, Swedish, Hindi and Chinese. We will continue to add languages throughout development and even post-release and all versions will be updated frequently. If you're interested in becoming a volunteer translator, please email me at tomfinch@etherealgame.net!

Multi-Platform: We understand that not everyone uses the same platform for gaming. So, we want Ethereal to be on as many platforms as possible. Confirmed platforms so far are: Windows, Mac and Linux. We would also love the game to be available on PS4, VITA, Wii U, and Xbox One, if at all possible.

Advertisement

Hey, your project looks really nice, I like it a lot.
But I have a question. Why exactly do you need to go on kickstarter? Like what are those money needed for? :)
Also, as I am from Czech Republic, I could do Czech Translation if you would want me to do so.

Hey, your project looks really nice, I like it a lot.
But I have a question. Why exactly do you need to go on kickstarter? Like what are those money needed for? smile.png
Also, as I am from Czech Republic, I could do Czech Translation if you would want me to do so.

Technically we could make the game without any funding, but if we did it would take us much, much longer and wouldn't be nearly what we want it to be. We may not use kickstarter, but we simply don't have the means to make this game without financial assistance. Thank you for the feedback!

Concept looks great, I'm all for world-bending puzzle twisters. I could throw my money at games like Braid all day long, this looks like it's got potential.

I'm fluent in English and Spanish, I could do some translation there. As the project progresses, I'd be glad to spend some time testing it as well.

Hey everyone! I updated the main post to be more recent. The old version was from 6+ months ago!

If you haven't noticed, I don't update here often. It's very hard to maintain two development logs. If you have any feedback or comments you are completely welcome to leave them here though and I will respond! (aggieblue92 and I talked in email)

If you want to keep track of the project, please follow me on twitter or visit the devlog on TIG.

I'd also like to mention that I have a kickstarter coming on October 14th! Stay tuned!

That concept art looks amazing! and those animations are great as well!!

I'll definately check out your kickstarter project!

g8PSBxe.png

WFPwVIv.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement