Question: Negative Points = Warning?

Started by
1 comment, last by BHXSpecter 9 years ago

I was wondering, if I drop below 0 Reputation Points, does that mean I get a warning, or what does it mean?

I've been downvoted once in my thread, but it actually shows 3 downvotes on my reputation, which doesn't make sense.

I have a lot of honest things to say. My reputation should be great, not bad.

Honesty = Good Reputation

Bad Reputation = Lies, Deceit, and Dishonesty.

Advertisement
You will never recieve an automated warning, be banned or anything similar based on your reputation; it's just a basic way for you and others to quickly judge whether the community generally finds you helpful and friendly or not - single votes really don't mean much, but if the general trend is that your rep score increases you're doing something right, whilst a general decrease would suggest you're doing something wrong.

Don't worry about one downvote on a post, but if you start to get a few on the same post you might consider if you have posted something incorrect or way off topic, been needlessly rude, etc.

One down or upvote changes your rep score by multiple points, which is what you're seeing in the log.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Don't stress over your reputation. It is more a gauge for others to see if you are a helpful community member or not. No one is targeting you because of being new. In truth, everyone here has started as a beginner and some have thousands of rep points due to helping others solve their problems. You aren't giving yourself enough credit and need to decide what discipline you like and start learning the ins and outs of it. Just go slow and learn.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement