[Java] 3D RPG Project [Mystikkal RPG]

Started by
5 comments, last by Mystikkal 8 years, 8 months ago

Hey everyone laugh.png

I'm working on my first 3D project in Java (using OpenGL) and this is what it looks like so far.

[attachment=28775:DevShot4.png]

I'm using JOptionPanes for choices and messages tongue.png

But anyways, I'm going to have skilling, as you can see; I'm currently working on mining, which is somewhat done.

The future skills I'm going to have are: fishing, cooking, smithing, Woodcutting, fletching, and combat (Unless I decide more)

I have done some tests to make sure I have enough understanding on how to actually make all those skills, but since it's my first time, it won't be super spectacular.

The world is pretty small but I plan on increasing its size to fit everything; I just don't want the game to be laggy. I'm also working on sound effects and music later so the game isn't so dull.

But I hope you guys think it's decently cool for my first (real) project and I'll be releasing it far later biggrin.png (I'm the only developer so it will take a lot of time)

See ya laugh.png

Advertisement
Hello there! It might be too late in your development, but still, id suggest you to use JME as a game engine. Its build using OpenGL and might save you a lot of work! Oh, and of course it's pure Java :p
Am personally using it for my little MMO since a while and it works very well laugh.png

So what's the objective of the game? :)

Hello there! It might be too late in your development, but still, id suggest you to use JME as a game engine. Its build using OpenGL and might save you a lot of work! Oh, and of course it's pure Java tongue.png
Am personally using it for my little MMO since a while and it works very well laugh.png

Hello, actually I am using JME laugh.png I tried using only LWJGL with my own IDE and it was quite difficult so I switched over to JME and it's getting the job done haha :D

So what's the objective of the game? smile.png

To be quite honest, I'm not too sure yet. Right now I just want to finish all the little stuff and also implement quests later but for now, do you have any suggestions? :)

Hello there! It might be too late in your development, but still, id suggest you to use JME as a game engine. Its build using OpenGL and might save you a lot of work! Oh, and of course it's pure Java tongue.png

Hello, actually I am using JME laugh.png I tried using only LWJGL with my own IDE and it was quite difficult so I switched over to JME and it's getting the job done haha biggrin.png

Then don't be shy about it :p Share the good news brother xD. And btw, try to use JME integrated GUI instead of Swing or JOptions pane as soon as possible :p it might be harder at first, but you won't have to do it later in development, meaning you won't have a bunch of panels to rework from scratch. I had this problem on my map editor and really it was a pain.

You can use nifty, ToneGod, or lemur for that. There are probably more options, but those are the one I know x)

Then don't be shy about it Share the good news brother xD. And btw, try to use JME integrated GUI instead of Swing or JOptions pane as soon as possible it might be harder at first, but you won't have to do it later in development, meaning you won't have a bunch of panels to rework from scratch. I had this problem on my map editor and really it was a pain.

You can use nifty, ToneGod, or lemur for that. There are probably more options, but those are the one I know x)

Alright! Thanks :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement