D3D12CreateDevice fails

Started by
13 comments, last by Shnoutz 7 years, 5 months ago

Without seeing code it sounds like a Resource Hazard occurred somewhere.Be sure that your states are being recorded by the commandList according to how the corresponding Resources are being used.

:wacko: I am kinda sure the code for the swap chain is fine. It works on amd & warp without any validation error/warning. It's also very straightforward. I was assuming GPU validation would not completely crash the application if there was something wrong. The message I get before the crash seems wrong, it basically complains that a resource is not in the right state but ask for the resource to be in that exact state (present 0x0). Disabling GPU validation works, the app is behaving exactly as expected. I am not excluding the possibility I messed up, but I gpu validation is a relatively new feature and I have the feeling my experience with it was worth reporting.

Advertisement

Looks like you are hitting a suspected bug in GPU-Based Validation that we are having a difficult time reproducing here at MS. At least one other customer has reported a similar error. Sounds like you are getting this error and also getting a crash. Any chance you can share a crash dump?

We are working on a theory. Any chance you are explicitly transitioning the back buffer to the COMMON state in a Copy command list using a ResourceBarrier? We have found a possible bug (working on a repro) that could produce the error you are seeing.

Ok, new theory. We think this has to do with using GBV on hybrid systems and we think we know how to fix it. Thanks for reporting this.

I should add that we don't think this is an application error. You can also ignore my previous question about transitioning the back buffer in Copy command queue. Looks like that would not cause this problem.

Thank you for looking into this :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement