Voice recordings for common modern phrases

Started by
3 comments, last by a light breeze 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm creating a city environment and need some common phrases for different NPCs, for example, shop assistants ("How can I help you?", "Here's your receipt") etc. etc. showbox

Getting custom voice acting can get costly on fiverr and other places. So, my best option seems to be hunting for every separate phrase and then dealing with recording inconsistencies and also usps tracking the fact that every recording might come from a different person, so I can't use multiple phrases for one NPC.

I found a great voice pack from Cyael, but it's purposed for RTS/shooters etc. speed test

So, I was wondering if there are any places to find prerecorded modern common phrases?

Advertisement

faruk, your question has been moved to a forum where you might get good answers. You asked an Audio question in a Programming forum. Here in Music And Sound FX you might find what you need by reading other threads and stickies! Good luck finding what you need.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

You can search a la carte sound clip websites like SoundRangers and SoundDogs. Depending on your budget it might be better to higher several less experienced actors and let them create a suite of characters who can say these phrases for you. But quality may suffer or at least vary.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Stock sound effects are great because they are relatively generic, difficult to custom record, and can be seamlessly combined from several sources. None of these things are true for voice samples, which are very specific, easy to custom record, and require you to use no more than one voice actor per character for consistency. If you really can't afford professional voice actors, some other possibilities include:

• Recording friends and family.
  • Speech synthesis.
  • Speech in a made-up language, which lets you get away with a much smaller set of voice samples.
  • Text only, no speech.

None of these are a perfect solution, but I expect all of them to be more productive than looking for a stock voice pack that solves all of your problems.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement