Chess Coding

Started by
3 comments, last by SynergyChessRob 1 year, 3 months ago

I have created a game of double chess called Synergy Chess. This is live as a free online game that people can play against human or bot. The game is written in ReactJS, NodeJS, Xitrium, Scala and Java. This makes it very hard to find quality people that can actually work on the coding. After doing some research on Wikipedia I have noticed that chess.com was created 15 years ago and is written in Java, JavaScript and PHP. They currently have over 100,000,000 registered online players.

I am trying to find out if chess.com is still written in these languages. if it is, then it should be feasible that Synergy Chess can be simplified to make it easier to work on. I am not a coder myself. I may need to start again and have the game written from scratch. I am looking for solid advice from coders regarding this issue.

Advertisement

This is confusing. You're not a programmer but you made an online game, and you're looking for someone to remake it for you? If you want to hire someone to remake your game for you, we can't help you - we don't have a forum for hiring for pay here. If you want to look for volunteers, you can try Hobby Project Classifieds. Browse our Community forums.

Note that this question was off-topic in the Game Design forum where you posted it - it is now moved to the Production/Management forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi Tom. Thanks for your reply. Let me try to clarify. I am not a coder - I hired someone to write the program. I think the languages are too complicated. I am trying to find out if I can have the game rewritten to simplify it so I can actually find people to work on it to do upgrades, etc. I am not looking to hire anyone to do any coding (yet). I am just trying to get some good advice on coding and languages for now. I may have to start again from scratch. If you can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

SynergyChessRob said:
I am just trying to get some good advice on coding and languages for now.

That's not necessarily a decision YOU have to make. What I'd do is find the right person, and let them tell me what languages/tools they'll use, since they know that stuff and I don't. You might get proposals from 3 different developers, all of them planning to use different toolsets, without any of them being “wrong.”

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thank you Tom. I will follow you advice ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement