I need feedbacks

Started by
0 comments, last by Kwayse 1 year, 2 months ago

hello i made a game first time in my life and need feedbacks can you try and give me feedback?

[ MOD EDIT: redacted ]

my game website you can download from here <3

Advertisement

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FILE

This post (and the landing page) rang every bell and raised every red flag. virustotal did not find anything, so I downloaded it (so you don't have to! ; )

Aaand, it's a broken ZIP archive. After some fiddling, I realized that the “default” Windows zip explorer fails to extract it for some reason. The 7-Zip manager did the job (and even more red flags were raised - you seriously did not test that one can download and install your game? Or, it's just some obscure zip exploit that's so old that its signatures were lost in time). It explains why VT was not triggered.

The unpacked EXE file, again, was scanned using VT. The report shows that the file is clean, but there is a catch: this report was generated 3 days ago, and was retrieved via EXE file hash. In other words, someone checked it a few days ago, for some reason. Given the file size, it's possible to generate a ‘clean’ version of the file with the same size/hash (i.e. ‘spoof’ it), and upload it so ‘clean' signatures get associated with this hash, but it's an unbelievable amount of hassle. Also, the file is so big, most online scanners fail to work with it.

I'm puzzled - it is intentionally hard to scan this file; it's made not trip any out-of-the-box antiviruses. And one who did it, did a quite clean and careful job.

Time to unpack my trusty X64DBG and at least check what this file does. But, it's a 32-bit exe file (wtf), so I called X64DBG's little brother, x32dbg. Once I pressed the “load” button, local Avast antivirus got triggered: it caught malware (debuggers do not ‘run’ files, but just map them to memory - apparently, that's enough for Avast to stop the process and wipe the file).

Case closed: it's malware. You should not download this file, the link should be deleted, the user banned, and the thread closed. Have a nice day.

I have one remaining question: what did you expect? Even if a couple of unsuspecting users get infected: did it worth it? And, how comes you cared quite a bit on technical side, but did not care at all on other fronts (are you are script kiddie? how long did you saved lunch money to buy this stuff? this explains 32-bitness of this file; old stuff is cheaper). Why did you fail to put minimum effort into writing a decent post here? What a baffling failure, in every aspect.

None

Ah, I found a source of art and gameplay footage. It's copied from https://steamcommunity.com/app/356650.

I'm irrationally angry at the post and its author.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement