Eternal Shard

Started by
0 comments, last by mgoolong 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi,

In my free time I designed a game. I like to collect some feedback about the overall design. Thank you for reading into it. I will try to keep it as short as possible.

Its a small top down 2D game with a small arena like map player can move arround in. A newly created player will start with a high frequency health points generator. I call this heartbeat. In time the frequency of this heartbeat will slowly exponentially decrease. Player can collect items in the game to damage each other. Damage is taken in % on hit event to the collected heartbeat. The heartbeat will run passiv during action phase. If the healthbar during action phase goes below 5% the player becomes unconscious for a short time. During this time the heartbeat is healing the player and protecting him from new incoming damage. But if the frequency is to low damage could kill the player and he needs to restart the game with a fresh heartbeat.

In the game is one win count item, called the eternal shard. The player who carries this item wins the game for the amount of time carrying it and during this time his heartbeat is kept on consistent frequency (the frequency when he picked up the shard). Other player can try to beat him in battle to pick up the shard during knock out phase or after defeat. To have a better chance player can collect other items on the game grid to become stronger. Like with other meta mechanics (rock, paper, scissor) some items will be more efficient against others. When a player dies all his items will respawn on the grid. Based on the rarity of the item with some special conditions. For example a stronger sword is harder to get because it is protected by an NPC. Only the eternal shard will not respawn, it stays always on its place when dropped and is always for everyone to find on the map. Whether collected by someone or not.

The game should feel like a infinite battle royal. A hit and run. There could be a ladder where people can see who carried the shard for the longest time.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement