Open World Horror Idea

Started by
2 comments, last by LorenzoGatti 10 months ago

Idea for horror aesthetic game:

I wanted it to be a Grand Theft Auto style large open world with the same mechanics. Like, being able to mess with the NPCs, steal cars, ECT... But, I wanted it to be horror based. Such as, some of the NPCs you see walking around are ghosts and skeletons. The jobs evolve around funeral homes, morgues, ECT. Taxis are driven by skeletons. Some of the vehicles are haunted a drive themselves. You'll be able to see ghost boats/ships out on the water. Almost all buildings/locations on the map are haunted, abandoned, or both.

I have so much written for this idea, but personally, I don't have the resources nor money to develope anything (prototype, 3D Imagery, Demos) for the idea. If any of you would like to hear the ideas, please let me know. I have so many written, that you could most likely take a few of the ideas and make multiple smaller games with the ideas. I'm sharing these ideas for others to use, since I can not use them myself.

Advertisement

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the truth is: Literally everybody has ideas of things they want to create. The main problem of everybody is not lack of ideas but lack of enough time to realize them all.

It's good that you're passionate about your ideas, but please don't expect anyone to step in, everybody has already more ideas than they can realize.

If you want to go forward in realizing it, you must either bring a big pile of money or start by yourself, for example by learning programming / game-making. In the latter option, I'd suggest you start much smaller than your dream game to build some experience in creating a game.

I'll give a more radical suggestion than a “small” game: a novel or some short stories set in the undead-rich setting you describe. If you have written a lot, you are probably good at writing.

Writing fiction is the lowest budget path to validate the quality of your ideas, and if your works become popular you will probably attract someone who wants to write a game based on them.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement