advice on creating a team for game dev

Started by
5 comments, last by Tom Sloper 8 months ago

does anyone in the community have any suggestiions on gathering the a team to create a game idea i have

im still in school for this so i have no idea what to say here or how to aproach making a team
https://docteamundefinedhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1P76MeRuXDtMfYjB3-Ow1NiyJWjoiMumV/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=103342140978442811613&rtpof=true&sd=true​ my GDD hopefully it works on here
a general idea of what my game will entail

"Imagine a VR universe where you don't just play a game – you live it. Welcome to 'Celestial Nexus Valkyria,' where we're redefining immersion.

Picture this: You're gripping VR controllers that transform into a throttle, responding to your every move. A custom dock blurs the line between the virtual and reality, simulating a cockpit that's in your hands. You're not just controlling a game; you're flying a transformable space fighter like never before.

And guess what? No need for pricey add-ons or expensive gadgets. We've crafted an experience that fully utilizes your VR headset and controllers. 'Celestial Nexus Valkyria' is an all-in-one adventure – no extra purchases required.

But here's the kicker: We're not stopping at the stars. 'Celestial Nexus Valkyria' seamlessly transitions you from heart-pounding space battles to exploring vibrant planets, all within the same VR world. A universe without boundaries, where adventure knows no limits.

What sets us apart? It's the ultimate blend of technology and imagination. Your VR journey takes you from the cosmos to alien landscapes, all in the same breathtaking experience. It's the game that challenges the norms of storytelling.

Here's the scoop: You wield futuristic energy blasters, deploy plasma grenades, and manipulate time itself with a temporal disruptor. This isn't just gameplay – it's a cosmic adventure, a journey beyond your wildest dreams.

'Bigger, bolder, boundless' is our mantra. 'Celestial Nexus Valkyria' isn't just a game; it's an odyssey. Join us in a universe where spacefaring battles meet planetary exploration, where your journey transcends reality.

Elevate your gaming experience. Be the Nexus Guardian, Selene Driftwood, and harness the power of the Celestial Nexus. Become part of an epic saga that's unlike anything you've experienced before.

Are you ready to take the plunge into the unknown? 'Celestial Nexus Valkyria' – where the stars are just the beginning."

Advertisement

armityle said:
does anyone in the community have any suggestiions on gathering the a team to create a game idea i have

Yes. We're chock full of suggestions! First off: you'll need to write a better description of the project (as opposed to the game idea) and the purpose of the project. Are you making “the next big hit” with hopes of making it rich, or are you doing this to learn how to make games with the goal of starting a career in game development. Do you have a plan for where the game will be published, what do YOU bring to the table besides a cool game idea? What roles are you looking to fill? Is this purely volunteer, or are you planning some form of revshare?

Then, put your writeup in the proper place. Our Hobby Project Classifieds board is the right place to look for a team. Our Production/Management forum is the right place to ask for advice on project creation … not the Game Design forum (What is Game Design?) Your post has been moved to the correct place.

Go to https://www.gamedev.net/forums/​ and click the “Browse” tab to find all the different forums on this site. You'll find Hobby Project Classifieds listed under Community, and you'll find Production and Management listed under the Business category.

READ other project pitches in the Hobby Classifieds before you post. See what they say and what kind of responses they get.

armityle said:
https://docteamundefinedhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1P76MeRuXDtMfYjB3-Ow1NiyJWjoiMumV/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=103342140978442811613&rtpof=true&sd=true​ my GDD hopefully it works on here

The URL is malformed, and you haven't “Shared” your document properly on Google Docs. Remove the string “https://docteamundefined” and make sure on Google Docs that you set the Shared property of your doc to “Anyone with the link can see” (or similar wording).

Good luck with your project and your schooling. You've got a long road ahead of you.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@undefined to be honest right. Now the idea is to develop this game as I progress in school and potentially release it

I don't expect to get rich that would unrealistic

I'd like it to be a success ofcourse and get popularity

But I don't expect to become rich by any means anytime soon

If it happens awesome but I'm not relying on that fact alone

More I have an idea and have come up with the details for a GDD and would like to try and gather a team to start working on it as I progress through the next 2 years of school and potentially use it I atleast part of what is developed by that time as a submission for my SIP for graduation requirements

While still working on developing and potentially releasing the game within the next few years

From the research I've done it will take a estimated 2-4 years to develop test and finalize the game and adding I wish to include

I dontnknow much about any of this other then what my prof suggested as the next steps

I know I need to potentially get sponsorship and possible funding to assist

Beyond that I have no idea

Any advice or suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated

armityle said:
Any advice or suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated

I already gave you advice on how to proceed.

Tom Sloper said:
First off: you'll need to write a better description of the project (as opposed to the game idea) and the purpose of the project. … Do you have a plan for where the game will be published, what do YOU bring to the table besides a cool game idea? What roles are you looking to fill? Is this purely volunteer, or are you planning some form of revshare?

Then, put your writeup in the proper place. Our Hobby Project Classifieds board is the right place to look for a team.

Go to https://www.gamedev.net/forums/​ and click the “Browse” tab to find all the different forums on this site. You'll find Hobby Project Classifieds listed under Community, and you'll find Production and Management listed under the Business category. READ other project pitches in the Hobby Classifieds before you post. See what they say and what kind of responses they get.

Those need to be your first steps. But your first priority has to be your education. Study hard and get that degree.

ur response is much appreciated and i will look into the correct sections of the forum
thank you

Thread locked due to subsequent posting of same question.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement