Gaming writer

Started by
4 comments, last by Tom Sloper 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Can someone please advise me on the below?

I am looking to purchase GamingWriter.com and use it for a gaming site. How much would it cost to hire a gaming writer? I am after the hourly rate.

Advertisement

iphammer said:
How much would it cost to hire a gaming writer?

How do you define “gaming writer”? Someone who writes about games, like game reviews? Or someone who writes advertising copy for game publishers? Or someone who writes GDDs? Or someone who writes stories for games, also called a Narrative Designer? What exactly does “gaming writer” mean to you?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper someone who writes about games and gives reviews and also someone who can create some simple arcade games for the website.

Writing text and writing code are two very different professions, I think you won't find many persons that can do both well.

iphammer said:
How much would it cost to hire a gaming writer? I am after the hourly rate. someone who writes about games and gives reviews

No idea. You would have to negotiate that with the candidate.

iphammer said:
and also someone who can create some simple arcade games

That's not an hourly job. Most people who own the type of website you describe go find developers who've already made such games and work out a deal for the already-finished games. I've heard of those sites being referred to as “aggregators." But it doesn't make sense for a collection of arcade games to reside on a website called “gamingwriter.com.”

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement