Community posts that boggle my mind...

Started by
25 comments, last by JoeJ 7 months, 1 week ago

So,

Recently I launched a book, and what not, and posted it a few places I frequent online.

and the response has been abnormally confrontational.

I thought of a saying:

"Strength is either threatening or inspiring, nothing in-between."

This is my only conclusion…

I also had to moderate my mod page, as a new comment was borderline threatening violence., or evoking violent BEHAVIOR.

WTF is going on?

I don't understand what would motivate someone so much they would escalate to violent verbiage.

Is my success really that threatening?

What would motivate people to be so rude and verbally abusive?

Are their insecurities really so bad?

I don't expect yall to Devine answers, but would be curious as to hear your thoughts, as to how you would handle violent language.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

Advertisement

Moved to the Lounge. This was not appropriate for the Production and Management forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Start counting the number of times you express yourself as I am, I was, I had. Just from an excerpt from the book, it's every other paragraph. That quickly dulls the edge.

vvv 9.5 times

GeneralJist said:
What would motivate people to be so rude and verbally abusive?

how you would handle violent language.

People tend to say things via internet behind alternate names that they would not say in person, face to face; you should know that already.

You have to develop a thicker skin. I believe we've told you this before.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@GeneralJist Please tell us about your success. I seem to recall you asking your dad for money to attend a game conference. And dissing your brother for being normal, married and having a job… Imagine that!

@fleabay

1.I know, i know, Grandiosity thinking is one part of my mental health diagnosis of bipolar, but if I'm actually able to perform at a higher level, ON OCCATION what can be said about that?

2. I decided to use EOH as both my book series name as well as the RTS franchise name I know, a bit confusing, but that is a decision I live by. The themes I'm exploring will be in both.

Tom Sloper said:
You have to develop a thicker skin. I believe we've told you this before.

Sigh I know, working on it, but putting myself out there., mainly to get shat on is frustrating.

Getting disrespect is one thing, getting violent language is another thing entirely.

m_waddams said:
Please tell us about your success. I seem to recall you asking your dad for money to attend a game conference. And dissing your brother for being normal, married and having a job… Imagine that!

Yes, asking to Be supported by my family? imagine that…

Well, my brother has a stable life, a prestigious job, and a beautiful wife, but I get the sense he's not happy.

Stuck in the grind and prison of normality.

never the less. this is not about him.

But thank you for actually paying attention.

It's possible I'm just a black sheep.

Edit:

I've recently come to realize that stability is perhaps one of the most important things for me. Something I haven't really had before.

My brother doesn't really do anything “creative.” …. that is what i mean by normal.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

I would suggest spending time developing internal stability. It has many names, responsibility, integrity, identity, balance, maturity, inner peace.

What others say and think won't matter as much if you are centered and balanced. Their feedback is useful, but it doesn't need to throw you off balance.

GeneralJist said:
Getting disrespect is one thing, getting violent language is another thing entirely.

Maybe both is the same thing, just expressed using a different language.

For example…

GeneralJist said:
My brother doesn't really do anything “creative.” …. that is what i mean by normal.

I could say the same thing with ‘Normal people lack creativity and are inferior to myself.’ or ‘All those boring people creating nothing are useless and can go to hell.’

Does not matter how we say it. Both is equally wrong.
Likely your brother had to solve some problems too along his way to get a wife and a stable job, which requires creativity.
On the other hand, Kurt Cobain had a big talent to write some good songs, but obviously he was not happy either.

Your creative attempts of marketing your book (in this thread) are not that impressive. I don't actually think i could learn anything from reading it. It does not look like you've found good ways to deal with problems or getting over it.

… now you have been beaten enough to grow a thicker skin. ; )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement