Programming Ideas???

Started by
14 comments, last by kd7ike 23 years, 10 months ago
Does anyone here have any cool, unthought of ideas up in your head, whatever is left, for games, compression, networking, internet??? I have one for networking and AI. End of Program c:\>
Yo no hablo mucho
Advertisement
I''ve always wanted to be part of a 3d api. I have the software rasterizer done, and it is really fast. I just need the rest of the pipeline to test it.

I also have code to a really fast prime number generator that I made. I never released it, and I''m not sure if there are any like it. Its an advancement on the sieve algorithm.

Are those the kind of ideas you''re talking about?
For a good time hit Alt-F4! Go ahead try it, all the cool people are doing it.
Sure...

I was intrested in what other peoples great or not so great ideas where. Maybe improve on them a bit. It is a Discussion Board.

How about this. Whats the worst idea you''ve ever come up with?

End of Program

c:\>
Yo no hablo mucho
I have a good idea for a internet bookmark / history program. The program should track every website you visit (like the history) except that you should be able to rate every site you visit (maybe it should ask when you leave the site). I was thinking that the rating could be based on a traffic signal (green means you liked the site, yellow means no opinion, red means you didn''t) The sites (all of them, reguardless of what you rated them) should be grouped into categories (either predefined or created by the user). That way, after you have been using it for a while, you can just search through the green light sites in the category you want. I know that I bookmark every useful site I go to, but it would also be useful to know what the non-useful sites were so that I won''t visit them again.

- TMOLI 42

"Go crazy? Don't mind if I do!" -Homer Simpson
- TMOLI 42 Powered by hypocrisy!"Go crazy? Don't mind if I do!" - Homer Simpson
i have four games ideias ready to be programed , one in special already have levels, characters, enemies designed. but i´m a lamer programmer so i will gonna release it around 2006 (i quess that until there i´m already learned to programm)

============
-why Brazil poor country and USA rich country???
-becouse USA made a statue with a club in the hands to hit who come to steal their money.
-and the Brazil???
-they made a statue with open arms...

"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
Worst idea eh?

Well for a short time I was thinking of making a Gladiatorial management sim... after deep thought for a few days I realised how shit it would be...

J2xC (J. Connolly)

"Then study this: Borg provokes Klingon, Klingon breaks Borg's nose" Belanna Torres, Star Trek Voyager 5.11 "Someone to watch over me"

J2xC (J. Connolly) Ah! By popular demand, I shall no longer resist...
A while back i had an idea for a chess game like battle chess where the pieces are military commandos of some sort...and when u try and take a piece it goes into first person view and uve gotta battle the guy to the death (ala quake). i just couldn''t be bothered at the moment....have the idea if u want...

another idea is to write a gfx format for sprites...a format that has a series of animations in the one file and an api that plays certain animations embedded in the file.

-----------------------------
-cow_in_the_well

http://cowswell.gda.ods.org/

- Thomas Cowellwebsite | journal | engine video

my best idea isn''t for a game, but for a virus that will help me take over the world... (go home Landfish, it''s mine).

Here''s how it works....

[Censored by NSA]

Understand?

You will all fall to the power of darwin! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA *bang* ugh.

Mark Collins (aka Nurgle)
me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

I''ve got a great idea for a compression algo, and I''m coding it right now.

I''ve finished everything - file I/O, logging, file parsing, etc. EXCEPT the actual algo. can''t get down to it.

/\ \/\/ /\ |< <-
/ // / |< <-
quote:Original post by kd7ike
How about this. Whats the worst idea you''ve ever come up with?

Umm, applying for a job with Microsoft and getting it

But really, the worst one was my Master''s Thesis. I got a lot of points for proving just how BAD my initial idea was, so I guess I turned it into an advantage. Let this be a warning to you all: free direction voxel-landscape style polygons are not worth the effort, you will never get it perspective correct.

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment..
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement