Tetris clone in an hour with C++.

Started by
148 comments, last by jbadams 12 years, 1 month ago
hmm i had to fix a few errors i had, but i after i did i got no errors, great job with the tutorial, i'm looking foward to making graphics and sound for this game.

[edited by - MarpleSoft on February 22, 2004 4:39:53 PM]
Advertisement
Awesome tutorial man, but in Dev C/C++ I get 2 warnings and 1 error. The error occurs on line 277 (starting the definition of the RotateBlock() function) and it says "parse error before ''{'' token".

I tried everything, copy and pasting the functions before it, the function itself, but the same thing always comes up. Help?
I don''t think I will ever be able to do it because the only think I can is to write scenarios for the games. We will start with programing this year at school so I should get better soon. It''s kinda'' hard to learn it because there aren''t many guides in Bulgaria.
ShadowMaster Works is now going to start work!Beginning with: Block Fall (version of Tetris), ha I got ya now!
Hi!
Thanks for that tutorial! The zip file seems not to be downloadable, so i slowly work with the first post.

Sorry, i edited my post 'cause i've made a big mistake. Now it compiles..

Lolo from france.

[edited by - Skalol on February 27, 2004 4:28:33 AM]
I didnt try this code yet... I am sure that it will help me a lot!!!!! If I have any problems I will get back to u

Georgia
Georgia
I get an illegal operation for some reason right when it starts up, no errors or anything when it compiles
I am getting two errors:

tetrisClone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl DrawTile(int,int,enum TILECOLOR)" (?DrawTile@@YAXHHW4TILECOLOR@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl DrawMap(void)" (?DrawMap@@YAXXZ)

tetrisClone fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I don''t know what this error is about. I''ve been comparing my code to the post''s source for the last hour.. Please someone help me :|

AIM: DarkGoosey
MSN: DarkGoosey@hotmail.com
Email: td1@sssnet.com
http://www.goosey.orgAIM: DarkGoosey ICQ: 14128911 MSN: DarkGoosey@hotmail.com Email: Goosey@gmail.com
Hey I just tried it and it runs perfectly!!!
Thanks Evil_Greven... Now I have to work on changes!!! I hope I will manage to do it!!

Georgia
Georgia
This tutorial was fantastic!

I''ve been looking everywhere for a Tetris clone that I could follow through the code and work it out bit by bit.

I''ve only just started C++ programming but a lot of this makes sense to me and your commenting really helps.

Thanks for making this available to everyone!! For people like me, it''s a godsend!
This is where I state some deep and meaningful quote right?hmm.....nope.....nothing
If these suggestions don''t help, please post your code.

TsukasaZero,

Double-check the code where the RotateBlock() function is, and also just above it for mistakes.

Elfs1der,

That''s rather odd. You should double-check the two bitmapobject files for mistakes, it might be the problem.

Goosey,

Make sure the call to DrawTile() in function DrawMap() is correctly copied. If it is, make sure you have the DrawTile() function declared correctly at the top like the rest of them.

-Greven

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement