Elemental system. I wanna opinions.

Started by
17 comments, last by The Alchemist 23 years, 9 months ago
but i´m using diferent magic types, the magis of my game are based in the real magics types,

the sun magic is based in the tradition of the sun that is the magic that druids uses.

the moon magic is based, in the tradition of the moon that is the magic that witches uses.

and the star magic uses principles of astrology and also alien stuff.

about the "you do what you want magic sistem" is not only dificult to implement but is also dificult to use, one time i played a real RPG that was like that(no don´t was art magics) and you simply could do what you want with your elemental powers,if you have enough points, but what you can´t do?
alot of times things that happen:

- so i make a laser with my light powers and cut the door!
- how much you have in light?
- is not enough.
- so i make a earthquake to take the door down. i have 12(max) in earth.
- hum... the door goes down, with the intire building.

see? is just too complicaded to use in a real game...

One hundred percent was a boy worried about the matematical table of seven,
one day he went to the bavarian hills and never saw a fish get rusted.
MORAL: woodpecker in the mountain is a sigh of burned barbercue
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
Advertisement
i was almost forgeting...
quote:
Is the infinite number of numbers between zero and one any less than the infinite number of numbers between zero and infinity?

of curse the numbers between zero and one are less than the number between zero and infinty, becouse zero->infinty also have zero->one. i know that becouse i get this question in a test in the 7 grade

You obviously have a different concept of infinity from me. But hey. Hypothetical question. Don''t think too hard. TAFN-

Later,
Later

Is the infinite number of numbers between zero and one any less than the infinite number of numbers between zero and infinity?
Later, Later*****************Is the infinite number of numbers between zero and one any less than the infinite number of numbers between zero and infinity?*****************
Make it complex!! and make it neat

Why Not?
Infinity is NOT a fixed number. But The Alchemist is correct, 0-1 is a subset of 0-infinity, so therefore it MUST be smaller than 0-infinity. Makes perfect sense in set theory

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)
Yes, it''s a subset, but when dealing with infinity, why couldn''t a subset be larger than the whole? "Set theory", as you said, only works for set numbers, so your whole post conflicts itself. Any contest? Can you prove that? TNAFNBIAIHTF -

Later,
Later

Later, Later*****************Is the infinite number of numbers between zero and one any less than the infinite number of numbers between zero and infinity?*****************
Mabye you could bind the magic types to types of weapons. So, moon magic could be binded to swords, so if you need to use moon magic, you could equip a sword. Also you get better with the weapon you use the most to make you use the same weapon must of the time.
You want a piece of me, boy?
hahaha too much crap post for me today, lte´s go down to the bussines.

weapon with magics on it? well first i really don´t like this idea, never liked it.
in world of my game. the reality is in fact a manisfestation of the will of the people( for speak true, this world is like that too)so if will is strong you can even manipulate materia making magic. soo don´t make sense if a sword have the power to do magic

and also i´m trying to inovate a litle and a lot of games already use this kind of stuff. like Vandal hearts and FFIX.

well about it being complicated. well i´m fighting agaist it!

if is neat is too you decide, it is more or like that.

you will have a grid(like the one from Crono Cross) with 3 levels of power. by doing certain tasks you will gain a elemental gift(like fire or shadow) that you can put in the grid to obtain a magic.
you put it on a level 1 slot you will gain something like a fire 2 and if you put it on a level 3 slot you gain a flare like spell, get it?
but of curse there other factors envolved, like the elemental of the caracter, and off curse you cannot get a flare like spell in the begining of the game, you will also have to learn the spell before before use it (more like in FFT).

so is neat?

It may, however, make sense to have runic inscriptions on weapons that give them power. The dwarves love em! And being "dwarfsoft" as I am, I would have to say that I love the idea

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement