New Winamp GL Mini Contest

Started by
138 comments, last by esolem 19 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by llvllatrix
Quote:
Where is the cheapest place to get an FX card?

lol, this contest ;)

We'll I want to be able to run all the demos. ;P
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Dredge-Master
for(int i=0;i<4;i++);
for( ;i<8;i++);

MSVC keeps i in scope even after the for loop. I doubt it is just an option you can turn off? Bugs like this are built-in.
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
Quote:Original post by vanbirk
I've got an entry too!
You can find it @
http://www.marco-we.de/mweber_winamp_plugin.zip

Nice -- I love the cartoon style and level of detail. The high and low versions both run very slowly on my machine, though; the lowest version works fine.

*edit* And concerning my own demo, I've uploaded what I guess is the final version. It's the same as before, just with the SDL DLLs in the correct directory.
Quote:Original post by Dredge-Master
Is there ANY way to force the MSVC compiler to handle the scope of variables correctly?

I mean

for(int i=0;i<4;i++);
for(int i=0;i<8;i++);

should not throw redefinition errors under ISO C++.

What you described is an issue in VC6 which was fixed in VC7 (.net and up). In VC.net both of the following compile:

for(int i=0;i<4;i++);
for(int i=0;i<8;i++);

and

for(int i=0;i<4;i++);
for(i=0;i<8;i++);
Quote:Original post by vanbirk
I've got an entry too!
You can find it @
http://www.marco-we.de/mweber_winamp_plugin.zip

I only get any animation in the "lowest" detail level. Very slow in the other detail levels (on my FX 5900!), but I like it.

@llvllatrix
When it the final cut off? You did mention taking entries during the weekend. There are still a few tweaks I'd like to make to mine, and I don't want to be caught outside the time. Maybe I can't send in my current version and then send in an updated version if/when its done (but definitely during the weekend)?
Hello all.

I have sent llvllatrix the first version of my plugin, but hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to make it a bit better, if the timelimit is extended.

I went for a festiv christmas theme. My first idee was mutch better than the result, but it takes time to make things better.
Unfortunally I actually had to work when I went to work this last days, so I didn't have much time to code during the days...

It will never become one of the included winamp plugins, but at least i finished( kind of)

You can download it here: http://www.trisol.org/enzo_winamp_vis.zip

Endre
Quote:
There are still a few tweaks I'd like to make to mine, and I don't want to be caught outside the time. Maybe I can't send in my current version and then send in an updated version if/when its done (but definitely during the weekend)?

No worries. If you have a demo I'll accept it. Bascially I want to be able to provide a web page containing all of the demos on monday for everyone to download. That way we can all judge next week and I'll make the final decision on friday (14th) based on who you guys think should win. I'll also accept your demo next week, just keep in mind that less people will probably download the later it comes.

Nice job guys,
- llvllatrix
Quote:Original post by llvllatrix
No worries. If you have a demo I'll accept it. Bascially I want to be able to provide a web page containing all of the demos on monday for everyone to download. That way we can all judge next week and I'll make the final decision on friday (14th) based on who you guys think should win. I'll also accept your demo next week, just keep in mind that less people will probably download the later it comes.

Excellent. You'll probably get it some time tomorrow. Definitely before Monday.

@esolem
Nice! Although I knew that they were ornaments, I couldn't help but be reminded of the classic cartoon "bomb" when looking at dancing balls. [smile]
Thanks for the help regarding the MSVC compiler, I've also found an article on SlashDot about non-compliance in it and they said this:

1) use the /ZA option for the compiler (can break code)
or use
2) #define for if(0);else for

Number two works perfectly right now :) so I've been able to start the visualisation demo. Hopefully I can get it done by 800 GMT (midnight pacific time). If not, I will probably send a first version by then and do what Custard does and submit a more polished version tomorrow.

And I like the previous two christmas examples.

[Edited by - Dredge-Master on January 8, 2005 12:00:55 PM]
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
Quote:
Nice! Although I knew that they were ornaments, I couldn't help but be reminded of the classic cartoon "bomb" when looking at dancing balls. [smile]

Hehe, me too, and more and more as time went by.

Endre

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement