New Winamp GL Mini Contest

Started by
138 comments, last by esolem 19 years, 3 months ago
The waveform_data and spectrum_data don't work on .oggs, I'm not sure about other types.
Advertisement
K, I'm kinda done with my super simple entry (1,03 MB) Binary-only.
Put the stuff inside \Bin into your Winamp5 \Plugins folder.

I don't have a clew what I should add, I'm not too creative at the moment.

[Update below]

[Edited by - Pipo DeClown on December 28, 2004 2:57:50 AM]
Looks cool :)

I love the quality of your textures. They look very professional. Does the snow move with the music (i noticed that if i stop the music, the snowfall pauses - but that might be because of the render function not being called)? It looks awesome -b (thumbs up).

Some creativityness:
It would be cool if you did the aurora borealis. You could use the spectrum_data to define the shape of the effect and the waveform_data to define the color.

More on the aurora:
http://www.geo.mtu.edu/weather/aurora/

Nice job,
- llvllatrix
Quote:
||v||atrix, I got the latest source from your link above. For some reason, winamp_gl.dsw points to D:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins which fails to build. I change the path to C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins and it builds ok. But when I go to use the plugin, it fails to load.

Do you have the previous base code? I was able to get one of your older versions to work.

... Ok I hand edited the files to point at the correct directory. I had to reinstall winamp, and the plugin is working again. I've seen it a few times. I think winamp keeps getting confused about the size of the rendering context.

Anyway, I got it working and was compelled to do an entry:
[NeheWinampMini_TimGraupmann.zip] (234k).

[Edited by - tgraupmann on December 27, 2004 11:38:35 PM]
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
||v||atrix:
Thanks for the tip! I just googled and yes, it seems to be the perfect thing. Although it would be much easier to implement with pixel shaders, maybe I could do software blitting.. Should be beautiful either way.
The textures were just flipped up in PhotoShop, ya gats to luv tah PhotoShop! [grin]
What do you think of something like glistening snow, now and then?

I found a bug in the basecode I guess: if you stop the music, move the mainwindow over the visualizationwindow, it turns black. Maybe when the music stops/pauses, it should jump back to the idle screen (your banner). That would be less weird to look at.

[Edited by - Pipo DeClown on December 28, 2004 2:59:19 AM]
Quote:
What do you think of something like glistening snow, now and then?

That would be awesome! I have a feeling this is going to be a great contest; thx for the support guys :)

Quote:
I found a bug in the basecode I guess: if you stop the music, move the mainwindow over the visualizationwindow, it turns black. Maybe when the music stops/pauses, it should jump back to the idle screen (your banner). That would be less weird to look at.

Thx for you help with the debugging; I really havent had the time to do some serious tests (sry guys). Keep up the good work :) I will for sure get a new release out on sunday with a lot of doc updates (in the readme). I'm also fairly confident about getting the bug black screen bug fixed. Still stumped on the fullscreen and setting bugs but I'll see what I can do (time to break out the reference texts and magnifying glass). Also going to future shop on sunday to pick up a second prize; yay for boxing day :)

Happy holidays,
- llvllatrix
whoa, nice entry tgraupmann!
Does anyone know how to access the spectrum data? I mean we are accessing [0][0], but how do we get the amplitudes for each frequency from 60db to 16k db?

If I knew that I could have had fancier output.
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
Check the winamp sdk (you can download it from winamps site). The sample visualization has a spectrum analyzer and an ossilliscope.
Yay for boxing day!

So the first place winner of our winamp contest will have their pick of either a 1 gig usb 2.0 key or...

A BFG GeForce FX 5500 overclicked videocard! It has 256MB onboard ddr, AGP 8x/4x with VGA and SVideo out and a lifetime warranty.

Should I post a new thread to advertise?

Merry Christmas and happy holidays,
- llvllatrix

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement