Anyone interested in Posting their Water Screenshots...

Started by
49 comments, last by soconne 19 years, 1 month ago
Quote:Original post by oconnellseanm
Can you post some screenshots so I can see what your problem is.

No way of doing that but could I send you an email? Let me know if you would. Thanks
Advertisement
Here's what I did some years ago:

Can you post some screenshots so I can see what your problem is.

I find that when I use my mouse to rotate the screen up and down my render to texture of the scene will start adding in a black area????? What in the world would cause that? has to have something to do with the clip plane not lining up??? any ideas?
The black area can come from having a texture that is larger than your actual viewport.
Author Freeworld3Dhttp://www.freeworld3d.org
The black area can come from having a texture that is larger than your actual viewport.

hmm. I have my viewport size set to the same size as my texures 1024x1024?? If I make my textures 512x512 and leave the viewport 1024x1024 and the glCopyTexImage2D parameters to 1024x1024 the black image goes away, but then my reflections don't show up? Also when the relfections I have do show up with the black area on the refraction texture my reflection is really horrible looking... Going crazy trying to trouble shoot this...
The problem is actually with the near clipping plane. If you have too many troubles clipping it at 1.0, try something well within the bounds, like 0.1 (it worked for me).
Quote:Original post by Gorax
The problem is actually with the near clipping plane. If you have too many troubles clipping it at 1.0, try something well within the bounds, like 0.1 (it worked for me).

thanks for the tip, but ahead of you already I got it set to .025...
For those with reflections on there water how are you doing that? I am not having any luck with the tutorial that was posted here. I have the water rendering but see no reflections...
Mine at its current state. No its not farcry, but I have loaded a farcry level to demonstrate. :)

As for your question regarding reflections, all I did was follow YannL's article Realistic Natural Effect Rendering: Water I. It really isn't that hard.

Quote:Original post by Buttza
Mine at its current state. No its not farcry, but I have loaded a farcry level to demonstrate. :)

As for your question regarding reflections, all I did was follow YannL's article Realistic Natural Effect Rendering: Water I. It really isn't that hard.

Are you using a single quad for your water plane, or a dense grid ?
Author Freeworld3Dhttp://www.freeworld3d.org

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement