45 comments, last by Luke Philpot 18 years, 11 months ago
Works good on my system (apart from shadows) -
AMD Athlon 65 3400+
1Gb memory
ATI X800

How do you generate the shadows?
Are they volumetric or mapped?
Advertisement
The shadows are Volumetric, i use Carmack's reverse combined with Hardware Extrusion using Cg.

I've uploaded another fix...here

it changes the Shadow Volume Extrusion shader which could be abusing an ATI bug with playing round with the 'w' component of the incoming vertex position...i had that kind of problem before...hopefully this is it.

-Twixn-
I am Me...you cant argue with THAT can you!!!
Quote:Original post by Twixn
The shadows are Volumetric, i use Carmack's reverse combined with Hardware Extrusion using Cg.

I've uploaded another fix...here

it changes the Shadow Volume Extrusion shader which could be abusing an ATI bug with playing round with the 'w' component of the incoming vertex position...i had that kind of problem before...hopefully this is it.

-Twixn-

The shadows for the ragdoll and the world work fine, the boxes are still screwed up.

jfl.
Nope, still not working here either, boxes shadows still screwed up, on ati radeon 9800
I have no idea whats wrong with it...but im using the pic jflanglois gave to see if anyone (on OpenGL.org) can suggest anything...and same here (take a look at the freaky shadow pics jflanglois posted above, and if you have had the same trouble on an ATI card, can you suggest anything).

This one has me stumped.

-Twixn-
Quote:Original post by Twixn
I have no idea whats wrong with it...but im using the pic jflanglois gave to see if anyone (on OpenGL.org) can suggest anything...and same here (take a look at the freaky shadow pics jflanglois posted above, and if you have had the same trouble on an ATI card, can you suggest anything).

This one has me stumped.

-Twixn-

I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but have you seen this?

jfl.
SBMLati.zip

give that a try, although im not sure it'll do anything...im using uniforms with Cg, and Cg uses glGetDoublev().

but, its worth a try.

-Twixn-

Well, the bad news is that it didn't work.
The "good" news (everything is relative, eh?) is that it made a difference:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

jfl.

Thats how it looks for me... LOL, we 'might' be getting 'somewhere' :P

-Twixn-
Runs for me, but I'm on Linux so you probably didn't care to know that [evil] (Cedega is awesome!)

Radeon 9600 Pro
P4 2.4Ghz
512 MB of ram
Cedega 4.3.1

Looks the same as it did in the posted screenshots.

Having your app run on Cedega is actually valuable info btw, I was just reading about how they've found some memory bugs in major games (WoW and HL2 I think) using Cedega, because on Windows the memory error would go undetected and the game would play, and randomly have issues, whereas on Linux it would lock up every time at a certain place.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement