Subliminal Demo Testing

Started by
45 comments, last by Luke Philpot 18 years, 11 months ago
LOL...well, Subliminal actually started development on linux using Wine and Mingw32 :P.

Im not too sure whats wrong with it tho. im trying some stuff on OpenGL.org as well as here.

-Twixn-
I am Me...you cant argue with THAT can you!!!
Advertisement
On my system the shadows still move with the camera...

I havent got a lot of experience with volumetric shadows, but it looks like you could be scaling values incorrectly, or reversing the camera coordinates?
Im not too sure what it is...but it HAS to be a problem with Subliminal interfacing with ATI drivers...the shadows work on all tested NV cards (GF FX +) and 3DLabs cards (only one, but it worked :P)...and some of the ATI cards, so i have to assume it something im doing wrong with ATI drivers.

Im still sorting through my code hoping to find something.

-Twixn-
I saw higher up in the thread problems with matrix calculations on ATI cards not performing correctly, and having to be reversed compared to nVidia.

Don't know if you've thought of this all ready, you probably have, but its just a thought, hope its been some help.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Quote:System Specs:

ATI Radeon 9600 XT

Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.6525
Date: 23/03/2005 13:01:17
Sorry, still no deal here,
The shadows on the boxes now disapeared, and i see some random lines with the shadow colors around..
Thanks skidrow, its good to see it working on ATI occasionally, although, im not too sure what your Catalyst version is.

Citizen Pain: Thats with the OpenGL state matricies, im using Cg so to maintain portability, im using Matricies passed as uniforms, which doesnt make that problem stated above mine, and the SBMLati.zip file should test that theory. Which it did, theres a screen shot of it above, and bruno is seeing its effect too.

Im thinking that its the way im loading the matrix, as the world and the ragdoll shadows are working fine, and THEY are done in global space.

-Twixn-
With the SBMLati fix its worse...
The shadows move all over the place, and cast in mid air...

I'll try to explain what i'm seeing, maybe that'll help, i hope :).

Without it the shadows move in a circular motion around what i assume is the shadow caster when the view is rotated in the horizontal plane (using the mouse).
Movement in any other plane causes no problems (jumping, moving foward/backward, and rotating the view in the vertical)

The shadows appear to move in relation to the geometry in the opposite direction to the camera's movement.
Sorry, by above i meant jflanglois' last pic.

Im not too sure, as i am trying to reproduce the problem on my card.

I have to suggest that everyone using ATI get the absolute latest ATI Drivers...or if anyone using ATI and has had the shadows working properly, if they can post what drivers they are using. It's worked on Catalyst 5.4 before, although its no guarantee.

Anyway, thanks for your help so far.

And try to play around with the Shader "Media\ModelShad.Cg" if you can.

-Twixn-
Quote:Original post by Twixn
Sorry, by above i meant jflanglois' last pic.

Im not too sure, as i am trying to reproduce the problem on my card.

I have to suggest that everyone using ATI get the absolute latest ATI Drivers...or if anyone using ATI and has had the shadows working properly, if they can post what drivers they are using. It's worked on Catalyst 5.4 before, although its no guarantee.

Anyway, thanks for your help so far.

And try to play around with the Shader "Media\ModelShad.Cg" if you can.

-Twixn-

Seems that after an update to Catalyst 5.4 (6.14.10.6525), it works with or without SBMLfix. So it was a driver problem for me (9600XT as well).

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

jfl.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement