What do you think about Mideast crisis

Started by
1,520 comments, last by LessBread 17 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Mithrandir
This whole pile of shit started when Israel bombed a beach, killing 7 Palestinian civillians, some of them children.
"It's better to regret something you've done than to regret something you haven't done."
Advertisement
You know what though, it's not even about who started. We're not kids anymore. You just can't always use the threat "i have nukes and if you blink wrong, i'll pwnz'd yuo!" it doesn't make sense. at. all. hamas took your soldier. fine, go after him. but damnit do it in a responsible manner. yeah that's sounds weird. war... responsible..."what?" but it's true. israel has intelligence all over that region. a surgical strike was not possible or even impossible?? What's to say tomorrow that the Brotherhood of Islam won't snatch up two more soldiers? What will Israel do then? Go after Egypt?! Will the US stand by and allow this and veto another bill demanding Israel to cease if not withdraw?

All I'm saying is that both sides are wrong Hamas fucked up, Hezbollah is flaring the fuck up, and Israel is ramming everything in the ass with spicy tobasco sauce. I would just like it to stop. Right. Now. Because anyone with common sense can see that this conflict won't be contained in just the Middle East.

*added verb for sentence clarity

[Edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on July 14, 2006 2:43:53 PM]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
You know what though, it's not even about who started. We're not kids anymore. You just can't always use the threat "i have nukes and if you blink wrong, i'll pwnz'd yuo!" it doesn't make sense. at. all. hamas took your soldier. fine, go after him. but damnit do it in a responsible manner. yeah that's sounds weird. war... responsible..."what?" but it's true. israel has intelligence all over that region. a surgical strike was not possible or even impossible?? What's to say tomorrow that the Brotherhood of Islam won't snatch up two more soldiers? What will Israel do then? Go after Egypt?! Will the US stand by and allow this and veto another bill demanding Israel to cease if not withdraw?

All I'm saying is that both sides are wrong Hamas fucked up, Hezbollah is flaring the fuck up, and Israel is ramming everything in the ass with spicy tobasco sauce. I would just like it to stop. Right. Now. Because anyone with common sense can that this conflict won't be contained in just the Middle East.

Israel has a policy of "punitive deterrence". They think that if they act brutal to the arabs, the arabs will see the futility of their ways, become demoralized, and give up.

Except, that's retarded, because punitive deterrence doesn't actually deter anything, it just pisses everyone off and creates more terrorists/geurillas.

Since June 25th (the kidnapping of the first soldier), look at the figures:

Israel:
11 soldiers killed
11 soldiers wounded
3 soldiers kidnapped
4 civilians killed

Arabs:
103 Palestinians killed
63 Lebanese killed

Gosh. Who do you think is going to be more pissed off? The 29 Israeli families, or the 166 Arab families?

Real tough.

REEAAAAL tough.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

This whole pile of shit started when Israel bombed a beach, killing 7 Palestinian civillians, some of them children.

I'm glad you can condense thousands of years of hatred and violence into one sentence.
i dont give a damn, the Israelis are overeacting but what did Palestinian and the other countries think was going to happen if they support a organization that constantly fireing a ass-load of missles over the boarder
Quote:Original post by ChurchSkiz

I'm glad you can condense thousands of years of hatred and violence into one sentence.

There was a ceasefire which was working very well until that day.

This current round of bullshit was started when the IDF killed 7 innocent people, and Hamas said "Enough of this shit, we're calling off the ceasefire, since obviously you dumb shits don't know what a ceasefire is."

But thanks for playing.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Quote:Original post by Toni Petrina
I am speechless

">Israeli settlers stone human rights workers in Hebron

Guess they are all beasts.

You must remember that the settlers in question are radical zealots and not indicative of Israel as whole.

This current round of bullshit was started when the IDF killed 7 innocent people, and Hamas said "Enough of this shit, we're calling off the ceasefire, since obviously you dumb shits don't know what a ceasefire is."

But thanks for playing.

So you're saying it's ok for Palestinians to retaliate by killing Israeli civilians when Palestinian civilians are killed? That's funny because all I hear from you about conflicts in the Middle East is how further killing is never justified by previous atrocities.

I read or heard somewhere that it may have been an accident with an unexploded mine and not necessarily a shell job. I suspect both sides are just itching for any reason to have a fight, and Israel's government has decided to show a whole bunch of sides at once just how angry it is.

But thanks for playing.

So you're saying it's ok for Palestinians to retaliate by killing Israeli civilians when Palestinian civilians are killed? That's funny because all I hear from you about conflicts in the Middle East is how further killing is never justified by previous atrocities.

HAMAS member: *Shrug* Izraelis attacked...again...guess we should do nothing
</sarcasm>
So... Muira Yoshimoto sliced off his head, walked 8 miles, and defeated a Mongolian horde... by beating them with his head?

Documentation? "We are writing games, we don't have to document anything".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement