02.07 - The Readiness Test

Started by
214 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 5 months ago
My compiler says(Dev-C++ for the moment, will be getting Visual C++ before next weekend) that global.h''s header file mmreg.h doesn''t exist, and it doesn''t on my computer because I checked all of Teej''s program and all of the includes that go to my compiler.

Please help! Where can I get mmreg.h?

In life we are all blind men or women, sometimes you crash into a wall, sometimes you remember to bring your walking stick.

SEZ
-darkcoder8
Advertisement
Andyc:

Is it really necessary to post every single error? Couldn''t you just edit your post to eliminate duplications?
sorry to all about the posting of all the errors, i got hold of vc++ and reinstalled sdk8 and now i am ready to make games.
thanks for the help everyone.

have seen the light (MVC++)
I get these stupid errors when I try to compile:

Linking...
Game.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectDraw4
Debug/Game.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

I put in all the headers and everything fine =\ (I modified the code a little, I am using the Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus book)
Half the people you know are below average.Trogdor the Burninator
teej....if got a big problem, i cant seem to access your website. it has been 3 weeks now, and i fear that i willnot be able to follow your lessons.
your address "http://teejb.webjump.com/" never loads on my computer
HELP.

thanks

Hmmmmm...
My problem:
I''ve got the files entered correctly (i.e. C:\mssdk\lib\ddraw.lib) With a space in between each, and a spcae between the last and the other .lib files. Maybe a problem with the fact that I''m using DirectX 8.0a and you''re using 7? I don''t know, please help. thanks.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Hmmmmm...
My problem:
I''ve got the files entered correctly (i.e. C:\mssdk\lib\ddraw.lib) With a space in between each, and a spcae between the last and the other .lib files. Maybe a problem with the fact that I''m using DirectX 8.0a and you''re using 7? I don''t know, please help. thanks.

Hmmm, figured out at least part of my problem, reduced errors from 15 to 10 by making it "C:\mssdk\lib\*.lib" But I still have the last ten. Here''s the list:

Utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioAscend@12
Utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioRead@12
Utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioDescend@16
Utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioClose@8
Utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioOpenA@12
Utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioSeek@12
Utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioSetInfo@12
Utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioAdvance@12
Utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioGetInfo@12
Debug/Basecode1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Basecode1.exe - 10 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Once again, hmmmmmmmmm...

Add winmm.lib after the directx libs.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Add winmm.lib after the directx libs.

Hmmm, it built, but In the debug window, after running, I get this:

Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLE32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCRT4.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DSOUND.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WINMM.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DINPUT.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VERSION.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ADVAPI32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\GDI32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\USER32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NTDLL.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDRAW.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\Program Files\Metabyte\EyeSCREAM\Global\R_DDRAW.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSOSS.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CRYPT32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSVCRT.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSCAT32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WINTRUST.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IMAGEHLP.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSSIP32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RSABASE.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HID.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPR.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CFGMGR32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WINSPOOL.DRV'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMDLG32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LZ32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMCTL32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHLWAPI.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHELL32.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SETUPAPI.DLL'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\Program Files\NeoPlanet\bin\idledet.dll'', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded ''C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse\Msh_zwf.dll'', no matching symbolic information found.
The thread 0xFFE3CC01 has exited with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF).
The thread 0xFFE8E0E1 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program ''C:\My Programs\Basecode1\Debug\Basecode1.exe'' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Something to do with my optical mouse? Anyone?
Those ''no matching symbolic information found'' messages are not errors, that jsut means that you cant debug into those files.

That means that it has compiled fine and should run without any problems.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement