02.07 - The Readiness Test

Started by
214 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 4 months ago
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "C:\Program.obj"
Error executing link.exe.

BaseCode1.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I am getting this problem and I have no clue why. I have the files linked. I have the librarys added. I am using directX 8.0a SDK. The librarys are at the top like they are supposed to it doens''t make any since.
Advertisement
Hi, i hope that everyone is annoyed by the fact that people are posting all the error massages they have got and not just telling you:
I managed to compile everything and i managed to sort out one problem i got but when i run the program, the screen goes blank and then minimizes, i cannot close the program or anything....
any ideas?

thanx
The Dude
well, i would love to be seeing what you all are seeing, error messages or not, after all to learn one must make a mistake, then correct and watch once more to only see that he has created abotu 12 more, i cant find the page to DL the needed files so all i can do is imagine what is going on, if someone knows where i can go to get these files, please tell me, the link is bad or something cause it takes me to some megaspider search place, and when i cut and paste his addy from the sourcde i went to the same place....someone help me please
Look at the last page of the "TUTORIAL DOWNLOAD LOCATION" thread. Someone there posted a URL to a mirror of his.
can any one tell me why i am getting this error message

Linking...
WinBase.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl GameMain(void)" (?GameMain@@YAXXZ)
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/MyGame.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

MyGame.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
i fixed the last problem i posted i had created a win32 console instead of a win32 application.

when i ran it a message box popped up:

Initialisation Error
----------------------

DS_Init failed : -16

please help me.....
Its ok problem fixed i didnt have the sample.wav file all better now...
You said to get the zip file at "my website", But some funky search engine comes up. Where do I go?
BAAHHHH. so i got all the files for it off http://webpages.charter.net/tatenjen/ and i got the directx 8.1 sdk all installed.. and i''ve pointed my compiler at all the include files.. and it''ll compile directx source code that i''ve got from a CD that came with Windows Game Programming for dummys, but when i hit f7 on this BaseCode1 Project (all the files listed at the beggining of this thread have been included) it comes up with

Compiling...GameMain.cppc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(87) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''lpDD''c:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(87) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTDRAW7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(87) : error C2501: ''lpDD'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(88) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''lpDDSPrimary''c:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(88) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(88) : error C2501: ''lpDDSPrimary'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(89) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''lpDDSBack''c:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(89) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(89) : error C2501: ''lpDDSBack'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(90) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''lpDDSRes''c:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(90) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(90) : error C2501: ''lpDDSRes'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(94) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''lpDI''c:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(94) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTINPUT7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

etc.. etc...
it won''t do that on the other projects i got built off the source given to me from the windows game programming for dummy''s cd.. so why is it not finding the directx includes in this project? AHHHHHHHHH. *pulls hair* please help?

"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
i have the same book as you Infused.
that CD uses DX 6.1.
Teej uses DX 7.0.
therefore you''ll have to make modifications to the code so it''s DX 6.1 compatible/usable.

hope you still have your hair

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement