02.07 - The Readiness Test

Started by
214 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 4 months ago
quote:Original post by ChaosCommand
If I really knew what I was supposed to do to fix all those, I would really, try. But I'm hoping some of you may have an idea?
I haven't bothered with DX9 yet myself, so there might be other issues with that release. Are you sure you are linking the DX libraries to your project? I cannot recall which ones you need, but there are a few of them. Also make sure that the SDK's include and libs directories are added to VC's include path.

EDIT: That is, have you followed the instructions Teej provides in the first post in this thread.

[edited by - CWizard on February 9, 2003 11:30:01 AM]
Advertisement
I tried everything suggested in this forum.
I don''t know if it is VS .NET, or if it is DX9.

I just wish teej could convert that code to more recent version of DX.

If anyone happens to get this code to work for DX 9, please send your help please.
Thank the almighty god!!!!

After 7 hours of screwing around with all this crap, I finally got it to work.

If this is a glimpse in the future of what debugging is going to be like... It is going to be hell.

But at least I got it to work and can continue.
Basecode1? Your website? Mebbe I missed the announcement, but is your site down? The link seems to be no more. It whisked me away to megago, some extremely annoying list site.

Ne''ermind... I found em. Part one of that readiness test, eh?

OK, I am using DirectX 9 and when I build I get this error.

quote:Compiling...
Utils.cpp
c:\documents and settings\owner\desktop\c++\basecode1\utils.cpp(503) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive
WinBase.cpp
c:\documents and settings\owner\desktop\c++\basecode1\winbase.cpp(158) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive
GameMain.cpp
c:\documents and settings\owner\desktop\c++\basecode1\gamemain.cpp(119) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive
InitTerm.cpp
c:\documents and settings\owner\desktop\c++\basecode1\initterm.cpp(364) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive
Generating Code...
Error executing cl.exe.

basecode1.exe - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I am not very good with C++ and I know no DirectX so this has me temporarily stupified because the line it is pointing to is blank....I dont know. All help is apreciated.

[edited by - NashuNatta on April 3, 2003 8:27:05 PM]
____________________________________________________________[email=UntimelyDeathProductions@yahoo.com][E-mail me][/email]
Anyone happen to know where I can get the tutorial files from? If you do, a quick e-mail to gamedev@metallica46.freeserve.co.uk would be most appreciated.

--hellz
NashuNatta, I haven''t used DirectX 9 but the errors are referring to precompiled headers. Teej is not used precompiled headers so you should turn those off in the project. Hope this helps.
Hmm.. I seem to be getting the problem mentioned by another Anon, where instead of reaching Teej''s site I''m being taken to megago.. Anyone know how I can get to the correct page?
My apologies. I should have read the other replies first. Problem solved

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement