Turn-based board game in C# - Leadership needed

Started by
82 comments, last by flashinpan 16 years, 3 months ago
I can provide SFX again. Since this is a non-paying project, I'm afraid I cannot offer my compositional services. Writing original music would just take up way too much time for no compensation.

You can PM me a list of needed SFX and what format you'd like and I'll provide those.

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement
Nathan:

I PM'd you the following:

A sound to play:

-During an attack.
-When a piece is healed.
-When a piece is damaged.
-When a piece dies.
-Game Won
-Game Begin
-Piece placed on the board
-Attention is needed (new chat message or game status)

I don't know much about sound. I guess WAV format for now?
I have five SFX ready for you, so I need your email address that you'd like these sent to. Also, I need confirmation from you that these sounds will only be used for this project only.

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Also from way back when, I thought you had an artist that was going to spruce up the robot graphics. I remember Alnite was re-working your graphics and it was looking really good. Whatever happened with that?

Also if you refer to this post you can see that you've already received my previous round of SFX. Feel free to use those in addition to what I can send you now.

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I created a not so bland ui for your game. Maybe a subtle stone texture on the backround would make it look better.
If you like it, msg me on MSN: elcabin@elcabin.com

Quote:Original post by nsmadsen
Also from way back when, I thought you had an artist that was going to spruce up the robot graphics. I remember Alnite was re-working your graphics and it was looking really good. Whatever happened with that?

Also if you refer to this post you can see that you've already received my previous round of SFX. Feel free to use those in addition to what I can send you now.

Thanks,

Nathan

I don't know where the graphics that Alnite provided are.

I don't know where the SFX files are that you provided either.

So, we're starting-over in both departments.

Based on the date of my last post in that thread you gave me a link to, it has been 11 months (approximately) since I last worked on this project.

Tom
Quote:Original post by elcabin
I created a not so bland ui for your game. Maybe a subtle stone texture on the backround would make it look better.
If you like it, msg me on MSN: elcabin@elcabin.com

elcabin:

Not a bad idea -- and a lot better than I could do -- but right now I really don't have a specific look for the UI in mind. That probably won't happen until the game gets closer to an actual release (in 4 or 5 months).

When we get to that point I'll be sure to contact you if I am interested.

Thank you for your efforts.

Artwork that would be more needed in the short-term is to re-vamp the game pieces themselves. Would that interest you?

Tom
If your still looking for a C# programmer i might be able to help out :)

im an application developper (still at school) and im studying C#.NET atm, should get my certificate soon i hope.

so im not an expert but i have experiance in C# (and more experiance in Java)

Please let me know if you still need help.
-Please rate me if you find my replies useful.
Quote:Original post by Dieseltjuh
If your still looking for a C# programmer i might be able to help out :)

im an application developper (still at school) and im studying C#.NET atm, should get my certificate soon i hope.

so im not an expert but i have experiance in C# (and more experiance in Java)

Please let me know if you still need help.

Certainly you can help. I will assume from the fact that you posted that you carefully read and feel you can meet the requirements of the project, specifically, spending at least a few hours a week (no more than 5 hours, unless you REALLY want to), and that you stay with the project until it is completed. I can't stress this enough.

What would you like to help with? Here are a few sub projects that we'll need to work on:

-Internet Support (Chat and internal game messages)
(Completion of this portion means, being able to have two clients communicate with each other over the internet. Being able to send a chat message from client A and have it be received by client B. Being able to make a game move on client A and have it be displayed on the game board on client B. I would want this piece to be written as a seperate DLL that the main application can hook into)

-Save Game state (I need XML expertise for this, which I don't have)
-Load Game state (I need XML expertise for this, which I don't have)
(Completion of this portion means I can load-in a new game board from an XML file. The XML file contents would be used to initialize 100 game objects. Save game would save the current game state out to an XML file. Part of this might involve the creation of a Game Board Editor of sorts, that would allow us to visually create the game board and would result in an XML file being created that the actual game could use.)

-Game piece navigation (Represent the game piece in memory and where it is on the game board - that sort of thing)
-Game piece interaction (Determining who is attacking whom and the result. Same goes for healing / pushing walls)

(Completion of this portion of the project would mean I can select a game piece and move it to another square. It would mean that I could also determine LEGAL moves, and carry-out the appropriate action. LEGAL moves would include determining what game piece was selected, and what action is being attempted, and is the action do-able. For example, a Destroyer or a Medic cannot push walls, only an Engineer can do that. Engineers and Destroyers cannot heal other game pieces, only Medics can do that. Medics and Engineers cannot attack other game pieces, only Destroyers can do that.)

If you are still onboard, then please reply back with the part you would like to tackle, or let me know if clarification is needed on something.

Thanks,

Tom
well, count me in.

i havent wrote big programs yet in C#, but i did in java.

in java i made a handful of games you could play over the internet so i think that might be best to try in C#.
also, i know how to do serialisation (i think) so if there are questions bout that i might be able to hand assistance a little.

what i would like to do most is doing the internet part, and doing the gamepiece navigation (i think a grid will be enough?)

anyway, i'd love to help (also because im trying to get through the selection of a game education in the netherlands) but i dont know if my knowledge is sufficient.
-Please rate me if you find my replies useful.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement