World Cup 2010

Started by
279 comments, last by LessBread 13 years, 10 months ago
Puyol with the power header! Like I wrote, it would take more than harassing Villa to beat Spain, but if Torres been subbed for Pedro instead of Villa the score would be 2-0. The Netherlands will have their hands full Sunday, but whatever the outcome it will be historic as neither side has ever won the cup.

Paul the Octopus strikes again! He's now 6 for 6.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Advertisement
Congatulations spain! You where the better team in this match.
Oleeee! Good to see Spain in the final!
Quote:Original post by LessBread
Puyol with the power header! Like I wrote, it would take more than harassing Villa to beat Spain, but if Torres been subbed for Pedro instead of Villa the score would be 2-0. The Netherlands will have their hands full Sunday, but whatever the outcome it will be historic as neither side has ever won the cup.

Paul the Octopus strikes again! He's now 6 for 6.

I was at work, but I heard there were 2 missed PK calls for germany, is this true? I dont want to really watch the game knowing I'll end up depressed, so I'm relying on you :)
I thought that spain game was pretty boring to watch(first time I've seen spain), hope the final isn't like that..
Quote:Original post by Crazyfool
I was at work, but I heard there were 2 missed PK calls for germany, is this true?

No. They were more like 55/45 calls, and the ref decided to be conservative and let the players win it on the field - the right call, if you ask me.
Nooooooooo :(

parrot > octopus :D

[Edited by - Wan on July 9, 2010 5:34:33 AM]
Quote:Original post by Wan
Nooooooooo :(

I wonder why they write "BERLIN" when that psychic octopus is in Oberhausen ?!

But apart from that: I am with the parrot. Do what we haven't been able to! Hup, hup, Holland, Hup!
I'm going to a tapas restaurant tonight, and I don't even need to look at the menu, I know already what I'm having....calamari!!

I reckon Paul is due a wrong result anyway.

EDIT: I've just been informed that calamari is in fact squid, maybe I will have to look at the menu after all to find some octopus :-S
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Quote:Original post by Crazyfool
I was at work, but I heard there were 2 missed PK calls for germany, is this true?

No. They were more like 55/45 calls, and the ref decided to be conservative and let the players win it on the field - the right call, if you ask me.

Yep, that's right.

The finals will be officiated by Howard Webb and crew [1], [2], which is a good sign because he's probably the best ref in the world right now.

@AndyPandyV2, Spain plays what I call "keep away" style. They seek to dominate possession of the ball and then pound away with attacks until they finally succeed. Most teams respond by hardening their defense to withstand the onslaught and then counterattack when they get the chance. It works about one tenth of the time. Only teams skilled at counterattack succeed against Spain. The Netherlands can succeed but only if their defense plays perfectly.

World Cup final: It all boils down to the octopus v the parakeet

That's not a parakeet, that's a parrot, a ring neck parrot. I know because my dad has one just like it. Correction: they are called parakeets too. There is a wild flock in Bakersfield of all places Wild Rose-ringed Parakeets

_moagstar_, iirc, you can find octopus on the menu at Japanese restaurants. Got Sushi? [grin] (Note, octopus is very chewy. Calimari is better, imo)

[Edited by - LessBread on July 9, 2010 5:44:56 PM]
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement