World Cup 2010

Started by
279 comments, last by LessBread 13 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by phantom
Sorry, it turns out my reporting was in error yesterday as it seems that the USA won the 1-1 draw, so well done I guess? [grin]

Metric units...
Advertisement
Well, that wasn't too good. We'll accept the three points and move on to the next match I suppose. :|
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Argentina should have put 6 on Nigeria if not for Vincent Enyeama's outstanding goalkeeping.

Yes! I was really impressed by him for the section of the game I saw (most of the second half), basically kept Nigeria in it. I was hoping they could sneak a cheeky goal as well, as while they kept the ball well and were dangerous up front the Argentina defense wasn't that great at all.
I'm officially impressed with N.Korea's performance.

Or dissapointed by Brazil's.. not sure yet..

EDIT: Horrible WorldCup so far... I hope it gets better in the 1/8s.

[Edited by - owl on June 15, 2010 2:40:05 PM]
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Quote:Original post by owl
EDIT: Horrible WorldCup so far... I hope it gets better in the 1/8s.

Agreed. Games are boring, vuvuzelas annoying and eye candy gets banned from stadiums.

No fun. :(
The Portugal-Ivory Coast game was certainly boring. Props to NZ's Reid. Cahill of the Socceroos was robbed. The US won a moral victory. I would have liked to seen Altidore's shot make it into the net. France and Italy played like crap. Ghana played well. Brazil played well but should have played better. They'll need to if they want to beat Germany and Spain. NK played better than their ranking suggested. Japan beating Cameroon surprised me. I thought Mexico would do better too, but South Africa rose to the occasion. I only saw the highlights of Netherlands v. Denmark, but I think the Netherlands will do well in the tournament.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Spain just lost, and with Chile in their group they can be in for some serious sh*t now...
WTF?
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Quote:Original post by Demosthenes
Spain just lost, and with Chile in their group they can be in for some serious sh*t now...

Yup, that's a bit of a shock considering that Spain are (were?) one of this year's favourites and Brazil are now the favourites according to many.

This World Cup so far has been quite surprising in that the really big names aren't doing half as well, at this stage at least, as you might have expected.
Quote:Original post by LessBread
The US won a moral victory.

Wait.. wut?
I'm not even sure how you can have a moral victory in football (certainly not if you draw because the goal keeper made a mistake), but that aside even if that was the case killing the game off with a subsitution like that is hardly fitting for a 'moral' victory.

So, I say again; wut?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement