The wildest posts on GD.net?

Started by
31 comments, last by Yudhisthira 13 years, 7 months ago
If you know the author of said "gold", please post the quote or post the link to the quote. Thanks.

note: i mean author of any posts, not just Pirate_Lord [smile]

[Edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on September 16, 2010 10:08:25 AM]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
I remember a few years backs. There was a user who's username had something to do with pirates. But I remember he was SO random. And he had rating that was in the HIGH negatives. It was so high that in one thread everyone rated him up and he was still at 0. Crazy.

Ehm...Pirate_Lord? Although I would think that anyone who was around at the time would have no trouble remember him vividly, after all his game was the 2nd biggest MMO in the world.

Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
If you know the author of said "gold", please post the quote or post the link to the quote. Thanks.

Pirate_Lord graced us with the revolutionary idea for Pirate Dawn. Unfortunately, us plebes were simply too ignorant to understand, not unlike the sycophants in the game industry. Don't forget that he and his friend are not properly recognized for saving the football game genre.
Quote:Original post by nilkn
I don't think anything has topped the spider pee thread for me.
I was wondering where that got off to. Classic stuff.
No one posted a link yet to the Hockey MMORPG, and of course the follow-up 1 (in Darkbasic or C++)? Then there is the related one where Oluseyi responded with his own build in Python.

And don't forget: About pooping and Do you pee in the shower?
Quote:Original post by necreia
No one posted a link yet to the Hockey MMORPG, and of course the follow-up 1 (in Darkbasic or C++)? Then there is the related one where Oluseyi responded with his own build in Python.

And don't forget: About pooping and Do you pee in the shower?

omg here"s

The Truth (<-- is teh clickable)
Wow, Lounge was really did used to eb fun
Hm, I guess most people don't remember YodaTheCoda? Well, he did went out with a bang:

Agent YodaTheSmithCoda replicates himself all over GameMatrixDev and is set to destroy both our worlds!

PS. Interesting info: He was the second personality(out of many) of AdmiralBinary, who made probably the awesomest game ever to be posted on gamedev by a member, Stick Soldiers(according to him though, yodathecoda is the real personality and he was there before admiral).

PS2. Oh also: Poppet.
Quote:Original post by szecs
Wow, Lounge was really did used to eb fun

It used to be wacky, until there was a plea from the staff to tone it down. That all political, meaningless and Something VS Something threads would be closed. Not that it has really happened

Even though I'm a relative newcomer it used to be a lot more like a lounge in the old days

Maybe the community just turned into adults over the years
Well, there's pretty much every thread by Vasily Zotov, most of which are insane ramblings about how the Government is out to get him and deport him to some goulague mental institution...

There was also a thread by some 11-year-old Russian boy about wanting to make a game about "shooting airplaines", in which one would shoot down airplains -- which all sounds pedestrian enough until he goes on to explain that "shooting airplains" is Russian slang for jerking off.

Probably nothing quotable, but good reading [grin].

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement